• Art of Animation & Boardwalk Inn

• Port Orleans French Quarter & Beach Club

• Port Orleans French Quarter & Boardwalk

• Animal Kingdom Lodge & Wilderness Lodge

• None of these

Results are only viewable after voting.

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Ok. Have not even taken my upcoming trip yet and am already planning the next one. The next one is a solo trip planned for a little over 2 weeks (longest I've ever stayed) and will definitely be splitting resorts, but can't decide which? Which option would you choose & why?

I voted for POFQ and BWI. It looks like you already love to stay at POFQ, and it doesn't look like you've stayed at BWI yet. I happen to be very fond of BWI, so that's the way I voted. :goodvibes

Actually... for me, it would be the CR and the BC ! But, IMHO, it really depends on what you planned to do for those two weeks. If it's parks, parks, parks... then I do believe that would make a big difference to me... as well as dining arrangements and any other plans you might have. If there are "down-time-days", such as a day or two just doing nothing... the resort itself makes a major difference. If there are going to be "pool days", then you would want a resort with a fantastic pool (such as BC or YC !) and if there are days just hanging out in the room, then, "watching the animals come and go..." as in Animal Kingdom Lodge, or "watching the fireworks at night..." as in The CR or The Poly... well, that would play a major part, also.... And if you are a "Foodie" (like me) then having a variety of restaurants to choose from might also be a major consideration. Again, for me it would be the CR and the BC, but the WL and AKL really isn't a bad option either... or the YC, for a relaxing atmosphere. :wizard:

I voted for POFQ and BWI. It looks like you already love to stay at POFQ, and it doesn't look like you've stayed at BWI yet. I happen to be very fond of BWI, so that's the way I voted. :goodvibes

The Boardwalk and the Animal Kingdom Lodge would be new resorts for me to stay at. Love the French Quarter and it's been quite some time since I've stayed at the Beach Club. Have never stayed at the Yacht Club before. Wondering if I should give that a try.

Would it be more economical to stay in one (or two) of the Villas? :confused3 Would most definitely be doing the dining plan.

I voted for AofA and POFQ.

My reasoning is that POFQ was the choice that was included in most options so obviously you love it. And then AofA because it will be brand new.
So to me it's the best of both worlds. Something new to explore and an old favorite all in one trip!:goodvibes

I voted for AoA/Beach Club. We are planning a trip next summer and are sort of looking at the same thing. We will probably go with Pop and Beach Club for our stay though. I'd love to stay for two weeks but will probably only stay for 6 nights. I'm leaning toward Pop for the first two nights and the BC for the last 4. I'd love to stay at Pop for the whole trip but 4 nights will be better than none. Now I can only hope for a pin code! :)

I voted for AoA/AKL/WL. I would love to have 2 weeks in WDW! Try to give yourself more time at AKL and WL, if possible. Switching hotels is nice - just give yourself at least 3 or 4 nights at AKL!

I like the idea of checking out the new AoA resort and also staying at AKL and WL.

I love the AKL and have always wanted to try WL.

Have fun!

I didn't vote cause I didn't see this combo- I'd do POR & either AKL or BWI since you haven't been to AKL or BWI. Or YC? But YC & BC are really just 2 sides of the same resort. Depends on the time of year you're going. If it's warm weather, you may enjoy the access to SAB.

We love AKL. Same size rooms as WL, and similar soaring lobby, just different themes. But love it there. We enjoyed the resort activities, seems to have more for adults with Culinary tour, Evening Cultural talks, then there's the night scopes viewing of savanna. We enjoyed the pool too.

POR is our fav moderate. We're doing a split with POR & BC in Aug.

I wouldn't want to do more then 2 resorts. We'll be there 12 nights in Aug, & 2 resorts. Well, 3 if you count our first night at DTD Doubletree ;) So really 13 nights!

I voted Art of Animation and BC. Both resorts we haven't stayed at, but want to. If I was going off what my favorites are, the POFQ and WL would be the pick. A solo vacation for two weeks. I can't even imagine!

If I can pull it off, I would arrive on the evening of Friday, October 26th and depart the evening of Sunday, November 13th. So I guess it would be 16 full days, then a 1/4 of a day on day of arrival. :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cool1:

I voted for art of animation and bwi. I like to try different resorts so think it would be great to try the newest resort. Also, I think the EPCOT are would be great for a solo trip . For adult only trip , I gave a slight edge to the BWI over BC as it seems to have a more grown up feel to me. I don;t think you could go wrong either way between those 2. Good luck deciding.

Wow! I feel like I could have written this post. I am thinking of doing something similar for my 50th b-day in 2014. (BTW I am from Massachusetts too!).

I am thinking of 12-14 nights solo (little nervous about the length because I have never gone solo) and was going to do 3 resorts - Value first, then Mod, then deluxe. But I think moving twice might be too much of a hassle.

If I can swing it I would divide betwee Mod and Deluxe. Still undecided with plenty of time to plan (and may find a travelling companion by then). But I am thinking POFQ and WL or Poly. Don't like GF, or CR although I will dine there. Like POFQ for its small size and ease of getting aroundm and I can explore POR too.

Not terribly interested in YC/BC as I travel to Cape Cod all the time and those resorts evoke the feel of the Cape. I want something different. Thinking maybe CSR because the Pepper Market sounds great.

Will be doing lots of parks but downtime too.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread. As others have suggested, I would consider what your plans are. For me, I like the idea of a coffee maker in the room so I can start the day with my tea (just boil the water) before I have to face the world and the people in it! Can also make use the boiled water for oatmeal too. And I like having the fridge for my beverages. Just can't wrap my head around having to get up and be presentable to go to the foodcourt for my tea.

And I love the WL and Poly for their themes and option for bus/boat and monorail at the Poly. Great dining at WL and great dining accessible from the Poly - and I love food!

So that's food for thought for you. Interested in hearing your end result!

Actually... for me, it would be the CR and the BC ! But, IMHO, it really depends on what you planned to do for those two weeks. If it's parks, parks, parks... then I do believe that would make a big difference to me... as well as dining arrangements and any other plans you might have. If there are "down-time-days", such as a day or two just doing nothing... the resort itself makes a major difference. If there are going to be "pool days", then you would want a resort with a fantastic pool (such as BC or YC !) and if there are days just hanging out in the room, then, "watching the animals come and go..." as in Animal Kingdom Lodge, or "watching the fireworks at night..." as in The CR or The Poly... well, that would play a major part, also.... And if you are a "Foodie" (like me) then having a variety of restaurants to choose from might also be a major consideration. Again, for me it would be the CR and the BC, but the WL and AKL really isn't a bad option either... or the YC, for a relaxing atmosphere. :wizard:

I do plan on spending a bit more time at the resort on this trip. Usually it's up early, hit an AM EMH park till lunch, then head back to the resort, swim, rest a little while, then shower change and hit an PM EMH park. Probably would do a park in the AM, then relax back at the resort by the pool and read, swim and chill out. Then maybe do a different park in the evening. Will need to squeeze in a laundry day somewhere in there.

If I can pull it off, I would arrive on the evening of Friday, October 26th and depart the evening of Sunday, November 13th. So I guess it would be 16 full days, then a 1/4 of a day on day of arrival. :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cool1:
I would go with a MK monorail resort and Epcot resort (5 min walk to Epcot International Entrance. Take part of the seasonal events at MK and Food & Wine at Epcot. Day breaks at the resort pools.

I voted for art of animation and bwi. I like to try different resorts so think it would be great to try the newest resort. Also, I think the EPCOT are would be great for a solo trip . For adult only trip , I gave a slight edge to the BWI over BC as it seems to have a more grown up feel to me. I don;t think you could go wrong either way between those 2. Good luck deciding.

I'm wondering if the AoA would be crowded where it's so new. Boardwalk looks nice, but am wondering what the pool is like.

I'm wondering if the AoA would be crowded where it's so new. Boardwalk looks nice, but am wondering what the pool is like.

I voted for POFQ and BC simply because I LOVE the BC. Had you had anything with the Poly and BC/BWI combo, I would've voted for those!

Have a great trip!!

I voted for POFQ and BC simply because I LOVE the BC. Had you had anything with the Poly and BC/BWI combo, I would've voted for those!

Have a great trip!!

Would like to do that, but I think that would stretch my budget a bit too far.

It looks like alot of votes for French Quarter & Beach Club. Just wondering if I should go back to the Beach Club (it's been alot of years) or give the Yacht Club a try. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter