• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay?

JamiT

Earning My Ears
So I am thinking of taking my son to WDW for his birthday. We are looking at going 8/21 - 25 - he will be 4. Want to take advantage of the free dining. Here is the catch I will be almost 7 months pregnant and bringing along my mom for support. Need a great pool and the ability to get back and nap. We have stayed at BW, BC and YC in the past but want to try something new. Where would you stay?

I would stay at Poly for the great pool and being on the monorail makes it easier to go back and take naps. :)

:)I think you should try Wilderness Lodge for its proximity to MK, the boat to MK is great. The pool is very nice and you have the restaurants right there (Whispering Canyon, AP & the quick service of Roaring Forks). Let us know what you decide and have fun!

I think a monorail resort would work best for your case, especially if your main parks are MK and Epcot. For the great pool part, you won't find one as fun as the one at YC/BC that you've experienced, but my kids enjoy the pools at the CR and Poly (we have not stayed at GF). CR has the walkway to MK -- I guess the walking distance is comparable to BC and the International Gateway. I suggest you look at the themes of the 3 monorail resorts and see which suits you best. They are all very different. GF is more upscale, Poly is laid-back and tropical, CR is busy and magical.

I stayed at CR when I was 7 months preggo with our then 2 1/2 ds. It was awesome! You get back to the resort and bam there's your room up the elevator! I napped everyday with my son while my hubby worked out, shopped, etc. A lot better than Poly where you still have to walk aways to get to your longhouse. It was also nice that if the monorail was taking awhile you just have a quick 10 min walk up to the MK for easy access. If I were pregnant I would stay there again! Yeah the theming isnt the best but if you're going for convenience to MK and naps its a dream! Plus the kids think its cool to watch the monorail go through their hotel!

tough choice - I have always wanted to try the Poly but never have and CR is so close but not thrilled with their decor. Decisions, decisions.....

BOOK SOMETHING FAST!!! They are almost out of rooms and you probably won't have much of a choice as it is!

I was just going to suggest WL - but also add what the above poster added - you may want to call & see if there's even anything left for your dates, that's a premium time to go, especially with free dining, many hotels may be sold out already.

Good luck whatever you choose!

I stayed at CR when I was 7 months preggo with our then 2 1/2 ds. It was awesome! You get back to the resort and bam there's your room up the elevator! I napped everyday with my son while my hubby worked out, shopped, etc. A lot better than Poly where you still have to walk aways to get to your longhouse. It was also nice that if the monorail was taking awhile you just have a quick 10 min walk up to the MK for easy access. If I were pregnant I would stay there again! Yeah the theming isnt the best but if you're going for convenience to MK and naps its a dream! Plus the kids think its cool to watch the monorail go through their hotel!
Agreed 100%.

Got a garden view at the Poly for the 3 of us. Now I need to tackle dining which seems to be somewhat scarce. Has anyone done the Spirit of Aloha?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter