• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay with 6yo and 5 mo

Gretchen

Mouseketeer
We are toying with the idea of a first week of December trip to WDW. We've been several times, but in your humble opinions, what is the best resort to stay with an infant? First time we took DD she was 18 mos and stayed at the Poly. It was great, but a lot of walking, fortunatly I brought her stroller.
What do you think?
Thanks,
Gretchen

Hi Gretchen,

I would suggest that you definately stay at one of the monorail resorts. I am personally a big fan of the Contemporary since we can walk(push stroller) back and forth to MK. Many people bash the Cont. for it's "lack of theming" but the Tower rooms are quite big and newly redone and great by us. We'll be there in November.
Good luck!
Sarah

I would recommend the CBR. I stayed there with my sister, brother-in-law, and their 4 year old son. He loved playing on the beaches and playgrounds. It gave him a time to play and us a time to recooperate from the long day. The bus stops are not far from the hotel room, however, there are only stairs, so I would ask for ground floor if you prefer. As for munchies, they had kid's meals in the food court and there is also a small game room. If you are not looking to walk a long ways to the main hub of the resort, stay at Martinique. If you want peace and an "away from it all" sort of feeling, stay in Aruba. CBR was great with accomodating us with a 4 year old. They even supplied a safety rail for him. Haven't really stayed at any other resort with a child. Really depends on how much you are willing to spend and your preference in transportation (bus vs. monorail).

Have a Memorable Vacation!

I recommend WL. It is a more compact resort than the Poly. Great boat rides to MK and Cont (Chef Mickey).
The theming of the hotel is awesome.

With young ones in your party I would recommend a monorail resort. The CR, Poly & WL are good suggestions. The transportaion for all these resorts is pretty easy. You also might want to pick a resort, take a look at the resort map on one of these webites, choose a bldg or location that is near the main lobby and then send a faxed request to the Front desk a few days before your arrival. Some examples would be the tower at the CR or close to the elevator at WL.

With little ones, I prefer the resorts where everything is in one building like the Wilderness Lodge, or the Beach Club.

I just find it more convienent.

If it's within your budget, I would recommend one of the DVC resorts in a one-bedroom. They have a full kitchen for warming bottles, a bedroom with a door to close when the baby is sleeping while the rest of the family can watch TV, etc, in the living room. I am due in September with our second and have planned a trip for Dec. at the Boardwalk in a one-bedroom. The Boardwalk is very convenient because you can walk the stroller right on the boat which takes you to Epcot and MGM without closing the stroller, assuming the boat isn't crowded. The same with the monorail resorts, you can just push the stroller on with baby in it and not have to deal with closing the stroller, holding baby and a older child's hand all at the same time.

Thank you all! I was thinking I was nuts attempting WDW with an infant...I guess not! We've stayed at the CBR, I think it would be kinda small with 2 kids.
The WL is only bus service, right?
Does the elevator go all the way up to the monorail at the Contemporary now? We had to fold up the stroller last time, not fun.
Thanks!

The main elevator does not go up to the monorail but there is one that does. Its specifically for the monorail. We used it when we had the stroller for our 3.5 year old. The monorail only elevator is on the fourth floor I believe across from the escalators. We were usually so busy with the kids that I never did place the elevator. We just sort of dashed on and off it LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter