• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

where to stay the night before cruise?

chucklechops

<font color=blue>DISboards Addict!</font
Hi, we will be flying from england and arriveing on wednesday early evening.
We were thinking of booking a night at the new ron caribe resort, but after reading some threads wonder if it will be a bit of a waste as after a 10 hour flight + getting lost from the airport to port canaveral all we will really want is a bite to eat, a nice shower and a comfy bed.
Can anyone reccomend anywhere nice to stay in port canaveral/coco beach ?
At the end of the day if it's the same price we will probably plump for the rc resort but if we can save a few dollars we will have more to spend on board.
Thanks

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

We went through Priceline and got rooms at the Doubletree for $44 a night. Someone on this board said that if you went for 3* hotels, you would get the Holiday Inn, Doubletree, or I think they said the Hilton. We are a group of 15 and after we booked through Priceline, I called the Doubletree to make sure they all had double beds and that they were in the same general vicinity, and they were very easy to get along with.

Originally posted by chucklechops Can anyone reccomend anywhere nice to stay in port canaveral/coco beach ?
At the end of the day if it's the same price we will probably plump for the rc resort but if we can save a few dollars we will have more to spend on board.
Thanks
[/B]

Definitely book through Priceline...I think my room at the Doubletree was $36. If you check out www.biddgingfortravel.com you'll be able to see which hotels people are getting on Priceline and for how much. :)

The Hyatt at the Orlando airport is also a nice place to stay but a little pricey. I understand you put the bags out in front of your door the next morning and they are automatically taken to the cruise ship. You then board the DCL bus at your convenince the next morning. - Mike

Just back from 6th March cruise/week in Orlando. Stayed overnight at the Orlando Airport Hyatt before the cruise, and they were just great. A little pricier than some, but after a 16hr journey - it was lovely to just collect our luggage and check straight in to a comfy room. No car needed, and yes - our suitcases were collected from outside our rooms and then miraculously appeared at our cabin door on the Magic. Hurray for the Hyatt. Nat:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by natdencro
Just back from 6th March cruise/week in Orlando. Stayed overnight at the Orlando Airport Hyatt before the cruise, and they were just great. A little pricier than some, but after a 16hr journey - it was lovely to just collect our luggage and check straight in to a comfy room. No car needed, and yes - our suitcases were collected from outside our rooms and then miraculously appeared at our cabin door on the Magic. Hurray for the Hyatt. Nat:Pinkbounc

The Hyatt through Priceline is around $40 a night. ::yes::

If you are not lucky to get the Hyatt MCO thru Priceline, it will run you over a hundred dollars a night booking with them directly. But for us the peace of mind was worth this considering what we paid for airline tickets, the cruise, excursions, REAS package, etc, etc. - Mikec

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter