• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay solo?

wish4disney

dreaming of disney
Where would you stay for a solo trip for 3-4 nights? As background, I have stayed with my family (dh and kids) at POR, Poly, GF, BLT, CR, BWI, D&S, Pop and GC. During our last visit, we took the boat to WL. It just doesn't do it for me.....reminds me of GC and many of the resorts we have stayed at in MN. I'm thinking maybe POFQ? Interested in your thoughts and why.

I stayed at POR solo in april 09 and liked it.

I really wanted POFQ because it's a smaller resort and the New Orleans theming appealed to me but there weren't any AP discount rooms available when I wanted to go.

Reading over your post since you are from MN, I could see why WL wouldn't appeal - it's too similiar to cabins in the Northern Woods (I lived in MN for many years).

I'd say try POFQ - especially if you are going DTD. That boat ride from POR was so relaxing. It's a smaller resort too so you won't have as much walking around.

Thanks! I am going to be planning this solo trip in the next few weeks and I just can't decide. I am also pricing D & S but am completely undecided.

I've taken a few solo trips and stayed at CSR , POFQ, POP, POFQ, ASMU and honestly CSR is my fave. There is much more of an adult feel to this resort and you can always find other adults to chat with. I also find the bus service to be the best too.

The POFQ is a great place for a solo trip. I've stayed there when I've gone on solo trips a few times. I love the atmosphere, and I find it very peaceful. The rooms are really nice, and the decoration around the resort are so whimsical. I love taking the boat to DTD.

Thanks! I am going to be planning this solo trip in the next few weeks and I just can't decide. I am also pricing D & S but am completely undecided.

Even though POR is my favorite resort, if I were solo, I might consider POFQ, just because it is so much more compact. (Tho, I would not expect to get stuck out in the boonies of AB as a solo, so the Mansions would probably be safe.)
But, as long as you are mentioning the Swan or Dolphin...if you can get a decent rate, go for one of those! Heavenly beds and a heavenly location. You'll be alone, but with so much potential activity on the Boardwalk, and all of the walkways. Plus, the water launches to DHS and Epcot. And, the ability to just stroll back from Epcot at night is wonderful.

I'm staying at POP b/c it's close to Epcot ( my fave park) and also because of its bus. As a freelance writer (meaning little pockets :rotfl:) I would rather save my money at a value and spend it at the parks since I won't be in the room anyway.

Anna

I have done tons of solo stays, at all levels of resort. My advice is to pick whichever resort appeals the most to you in terms of theme, location, and amenities, and then go for it. I've had as much fun at the value resorts as I have at the deluxe resorts. It just depends on what appeals to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter