• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

where to stay prior and after cruise?

oo138oo

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Going on 7 day eastern carribean cruise in December. Have a few questions about where to stay at prior and after the cruise.

Would anyone suggest a good, clean and economical hotel to stay at the night before the cruise? Also with complimentry shuttle service from airport to hotel and vice versa.

Our plane to leave FL after the cruise doesn't take off until 5pm. Any suggestions on where to go or stay to kill time? We are not planning to get a car. I've heard about the hotel inside of the airport, do they offer day rate and is it expensive?

while i'm at it. does anyone have any suggestions on excursions for 5 and 7 year olds?

Should I buy travel insurance since December is right after hurricane season?

That's all the questions I can think of at the moment. Tks :)

The Sheraton is where we stayed. It is one of about 6 or 8 hotels just off airport property on August National Drive. It has a free shuttle to and from the airport, and they dropped us right off at the Disney buses. That ran us $59 a night, but that was 3+ years ago.

I think the Hyatt offers day rooms at the airport, never done that so someone else will have to speak to that.

I just got a night at the Sheraton Suites that the previous poster mentioned on Priceline for $50/night for the night before our Sept cruise. The reviews seem good and the price was terrific. We don't get in until 5pm the night before and decided to drive to the port then next morning.

Great! Thanks for recommending Sheraton. I checked on the rates and they're one of the most inexpensive and looks great from the photos. We'll be arriving after 6pm, so it'll just be a place to sleep at.

Thanks again!

Great! Thanks for recommending Sheraton. I checked on the rates and they're one of the most inexpensive and looks great from the photos. We'll be arriving after 6pm, so it'll just be a place to sleep at.

Thanks again!

That's exactly what we thought.

I could not fiund anything resonable at Cocoa and decided to stay at AS Movies instead.

I could not fiund anything resonable at Cocoa and decided to stay at AS Movies instead.

I agree. The reviews I found on various travel sites were questionable for Pt Canaveral and Cocoa. We figured by the time we get our luggage, rental car and eat, it will be late so we will drive to the port in the morning. The money I saved on the room will pay for my parking at the terminal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter