Where to stay night before WDW resort check-in?

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
We will be driving down from NY and would like to stay somewhere on the beach coast a few hours from WDW. I figure we would arrive mid day, check-in spend that afternoon in the area/beach, spend the night, then in the morning head to WDW for check in. I'm not sure where to stay. I wouldn't mind being a couple hours away (north of WDW though we will be coming from that direction). What beach areas would you recommend? Thanks!

To Clarify, it doesn't have to be that far away just would t mind if it was.

Cocoa beach is the closest one to Disney about 60 miles but if your up for the drive we really like Clearwater beach but it's about a 2 hour drive.The quality Inn central on us 19 in Clearwater it's not on the beach but it's not to far car ride it's located next to a mini golf and lots of shopping and restaurants and has a nice pool and hot tub .And the owners are great .

Last edited:
Fernandina Beach (Amelia Island) or St. Augustine are nice and would be on the way. If you don't mind being a bit farther north you can do Jekyll Island or St. Simons Island GA.

We LOVE Amelia Island, it is about 3 hrs away off of 95, we stay at Omni Amelia Island Plantation. Also, Hammock Beach Resort (in Palm Coast) is beautiful and only about 1 1/2 hrs away.

Our vote is for Daytona Beach. The beach, the pier and boardwalk are great with tons of entertainment options in the area.
If you want something a little quieter, check out Ormond Beach (slightly north) or Daytona Beach Shores and New Smyrna Beach (south of Daytona).
Lots of nice 3-4 star places oceanfront that can be had for a reasonable price (check Priceline's Express deals).
This is just off I-95 near I-4. It's about 1.5 hours to WDW from Daytona Beach straight west on I-4.
You can also skirt the construction project on I-4 if you hop on 417 (toll road) near Sanford and follow the WDW signs

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter