Where to stay night before cruise?

poohbear luvs grumpy

Mouseketeer
I am looking for recommendations on where to stay. We will be flying into MCO between 9-11PM. We are not planning on renting a car. We plan on using Disney transfers from the airport so a shuttle service from hotel to airport is ideal and so is a good breakfast. TIA

There are a few people on my cruise who are staying at the MCO Hyatt. And they say that the Hyatt will collect your bags for DCL. I think the hotel is actually IN the airport from what they say.

I, myself am driving down so no need to worry about that for me.

best hotel would be the Hyatt Regency in MCO. Literally right in the airport, nice hotel and its very convenient, especially for your circumstances.

I third the Hyatt MCO. You can stay the night there, arrange to have your bags taken to DCL and then grab and early DCL bus from MCO to the port.

Otherwise there are some hotels around MCO that provide shuttle service to and from the airport that do provide breakfasts. Google for MCO area hotels.

We usually drive down, but for one of our future trips we plan to fly down and I'm looking forward to staying at the Hyatt since it is highly talked about on the DIS!

We paid $160 in March for the MCO Hyatt. Couldn't beat it for the convenience. $260's a little steep. We just booked it on their website, but some people book through other sites like Priceline.

We always stay at the MCO Hyatt, and have always enjoyed the convenience. It is amazingly quiet, the rooms are very comfortable, the convenience is perfect, and the fact that our bags are picked up from our room puts it wwwwwaaaayyyy over the top.

We pay the extra to have breakfast Inc,used, since the charge is per room, and we end up saving over paying afor breakfast separately.

They also have a seniors rate. Every little bit helps.

If you choose a WDW resort for the night before (and lots of price ranges there to choose from!), you can take Magical Express from the airport to the resort for free and use DCL transportation ($35 per person one way) to the port the next morning. You won't get to the ship till about 1-130PM if that matters to you. Actually, it's kind of nice to have the crowd at the terminal cleared out of way and Disney handles all your luggage!

I've enjoyed the couple of times I've stayed at WDW, a visit to Downtown Disney that first night helps get me in the 'Disney mood'.

If you choose a port area hotel, you will have the expense or arranging your own transport from MCO down to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. Depending on the number of people, renting a car is often one of the cheapest options and you'd have it to use for going out to dinner that night and maybe a stop for 'supplies'. Both the Country Inn & Suites and Marriott Residence Inn are located near the terminal and have shuttles (free or cheap) to the port the next morning. If you rent from Hertz, they have a drop off in the same area as these two hotels.

We like to stay at the Hyatt Regency in the airport. We found great prices on Last Minute Travel, $113 for October.

We really liked the Raddisoon at the Port... They have a great free shuttle service that took us to NASA. We also loved the pool. It wasn't the fanciest place but we loved it!

Susan

I was going to stay at the Hyatt in January, but my TA told me it was $220 for the night. We decided to stay at a Disney value resort, it was cheaper and transportation is provided to the resort.

There are at least 6 other hotels at the airport, actually on the outer edge of the airport property on Augusta National Drive. There are also others on T.G. Lee Drive and Hazeltine National Drive. They will cost you a lot less than the Hyatt in the airport, they have 24 hour shuttles to and from the airport, and will drop you right off at the Disney buses at the airport on the morning of your cruise. Most also offer free breakfast. We stayed at the Sheraton on Augusta National Drive.

We really liked the Raddisoon at the Port... They have a great free shuttle service that took us to NASA. We also loved the pool. It wasn't the fanciest place but we loved it!

Susan

That's where we are staying in November for the first time. Sister had Marriott rewards points and I know the kids will love the pool! :thumbsup2

We'll be staying at the MCO Hyatt. They take care of your DCL baggage and DCL stuff. It sounds wonderful. I've never been there, but I will be on Monday!!!! :D

We are staying at the MCO Hyatt. Got it for June for $111 plus tax on Last Minute Travel. If you search 4 stars by the airport you will find it. Compare photos of pool area with Hyatt website to make sure it is the right one. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter