• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay near Universal?

Luv Bunnies

DIS Veteran
We're planning a trip to Universal in mid-July before hitting Disneyland. I currently have us booked at a Hampton Inn near the Burbank Airport. Mapquest shows that it's about 7 miles away from Universal with a drive time of 16 minutes (I'm assuming longer in traffic). I've been having a hard time finding a closer place that meets our requirements.

We need:
Two queens and a sofabed or rollaway since our boys don't like to sleep together, lots of free parking (I hate searching for spaces if we come in late at night), a good, free breakfast (nice to have, but not a must), and a safe, quiet area. We are willing to pay up to $175 per night for the right place.

If anyone knows of a hotel that meets these requirements and is closer than 7 miles to Universal, please let me know. Thanks!:)

burbank is right next to universal city. i post infrequently here and DIS won't let me post a link, but google 'residence inn burbank tripadvisor' and you'll get a good sense of whether the hotel will work for you.

A good way to find rooms like you describe (two beds plus sofabed or bigger) is the site SixSuitcaseTravel. It's always my first stop when looking for a room for our family of six. Although they won't tell about parking fees, they'll list breakfast information, pool status, and how many beds are in the room. It's searchable by city/state so you can find something in the area you're staying in.

We're planning a trip to Universal in mid-July before hitting Disneyland. I currently have us booked at a Hampton Inn near the Burbank Airport. Mapquest shows that it's about 7 miles away from Universal with a drive time of 16 minutes (I'm assuming longer in traffic). I've been having a hard time finding a closer place that meets our requirements.

We need:
Two queens and a sofabed or rollaway since our boys don't like to sleep together, lots of free parking (I hate searching for spaces if we come in late at night), a good, free breakfast (nice to have, but not a must), and a safe, quiet area. We are willing to pay up to $175 per night for the right place.

If anyone knows of a hotel that meets these requirements and is closer than 7 miles to Universal, please let me know. Thanks!:)

I also am booked at the Burbank Hampton Inn. I've never stayed there before but after doing some thorough research it looks like the place that will suit my family's needs for the Universal/Hollywood leg of our upcoming trip. I go in June and will be glad to report back on our experience

About 7 years ago we took a few days and traveled to the LA area. (about 1.5 hours from our home) We were going to the Museum of Natural History and USH. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arcadia/Pasadena. It has all you are asking for but it is farther away. About 22 miles. I think 7 miles isn't too bad.

I also am booked at the Burbank Hampton Inn. I've never stayed there before but after doing some thorough research it looks like the place that will suit my family's needs for the Universal/Hollywood leg of our upcoming trip. I go in June and will be glad to report back on our experience

Thanks! I would love to hear your report after your stay! Hope you have a great trip.

About 7 years ago we took a few days and traveled to the LA area. (about 1.5 hours from our home) We were going to the Museum of Natural History and USH. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Arcadia/Pasadena. It has all you are asking for but it is farther away. About 22 miles. I think 7 miles isn't too bad.

I looked into the Pasadena area but decided it was a little far to be traveling back and forth to Universal each day. We plan on spending one full day there and part of a 2nd day, if needed, since I got a good rate on 2-day tickets through my school employee's union.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter