Where to stay? Moderate Resort

BunsonHoneyDew

Earning My Ears
We have stayed at Caribbean Beach twice which is my favorite. Last year we did the princess room at Port Orleans. We are currently booked at Port Orleans again for the bounce back offer, but I am thinking of Coronado only because we have never stayed. But I do love Caribbean Beach :cutie:

So I would like some feedback :yay:

Personally I feel every resort has something magical to offer, but I have never stayed at a moderate, just Deluxe, a villa and value.

BUt my favorite so far has been WL, it will be hard to try a new resort and not stay at WL again lol.
If you want to try a new resort, I am sure you will not be disappointed, but if you are so very in love with CB and want to stay there, I am sure where ever you choose it will be a wonderful choice and a great stay!

Have fun!

What did you love about CB? I'm narrowed down to CB, POFQ and CSR. This is our first time in a moderate, still not sure they'll make up for the $182 price difference from Pop.

I love trying new resorts, so I would try CSR. How long are you staying? You could always do a split stay and do both!

I love CB because it's huge!! The pool and both the slides are awesome for the kids. We have stayed in both a pirate room and regular room and we have never had a problem. Always clean always nice. Just walking the property and night is great. POR is nice to but I missed the beach feeling and I wasn't too crazy about the pool. At CSR is the property nice to just walk around?

I love CB because it's huge!! The pool and both the slides are awesome for the kids. We have stayed in both a pirate room and regular room and we have never had a problem. Always clean always nice. Just walking the property and night is great. POR is nice to but I missed the beach feeling and I wasn't too crazy about the pool. At CSR is the property nice to just walk around?

The CSR property is awesome to walk around! It has 3 themed areas, cabanas, casitas and ranchos. Each has its own decor and little interesting areas to explore. I love the hammocks on the beach at the cabanas, the fountain in the casitas and the 'desert' landscaping in the ranchos. Try the walk around El Dorado early in the morning - so peaceful!

We love the pyramid pool and the hot tub. It is also nice that they have a beauty salon/spa and a business class building (additional cost). The maya grille has great food and we even liked the food court. Great room service as well!!

Some people don't like that it is a convention hotel, but it has never bothered us. Actually we find the buses better and less crowded. We have wondered if it is because it is a convention resort and people are in meetings instead of going to the parks?

CSR may be a moderate, but it has many options that are normally only found in a deluxe. Super clean and beautiful, comfortable rooms. We love it here!

My fav moderate is the POR resorts. I love the newly refurbed rooms, the beautiful grounds, strolling along the river, boat to DTD, evening entertainment and horse & carriage rides. I just feel it has a little extra to offer.
We enjoyed our stay at CBR, but enjoy the extra amenities at POR/POFQ more.

If I were you I'd try something new and go with CSR. It's my favorite of the moderates.

We're planning on staying at CSR. The rooms look fantastic!! Have you watched the review from the dis unplugged? You can search for it, I can't post links yet haha. That made up my mind between CSR and CBR.

We're planning on staying at CSR. The rooms look fantastic!! Have you watched the review from the dis unplugged? You can search for it, I can't post links yet haha. That made up my mind between CSR and CBR.

This is why we picked CSR for our trip!

We have only stayed in the POR resorts with POFQ being our favorite. We would like to try CSR and CBR sometime but whenever we go to book those resorts we always seem to switch it back to POFQ (we just love the size of the resort compared to the other 3 moderates). Good luck choosing, you really can't go wrong with any of the Disney resorts on property :thumbsup2.

We have stayed at all moderates except French Quartet. My favorite pool is at CB (of the moderates), but CSR has a great pool that shouldn't disappoint. Our favorite moderate is Coronado Springs. May I suggest a business class room located in Cabana 9b, which does cost a little more but puts you in a great building location close to the pool and main building. Or, if you want to reserve the lowest cost room, may I suggest a room request close to their fitness center, casitas 2, 3, and 4. It's a nice looking area for standard rooms. An unofficial site for great CSR information is at **************************************

Some people are turned off by the CSR food court as servers provide seating and drinks, and expect a moderate tip. But we liked the experience, and felt that the food selection and quality was very good. Just know that you'll probably spend a little more on food at this moderate.

I have stayed at CSR and it is beautiful. We were in the Cabanas section and enjoyed being near the lake and not TOO far from El Centro or the Pool. The pool has an awesome slide too. I'm trying POR for the first time after having stayed at POFQ n 2011. I liked the small size of POFQ but the theming at POFQ was not as immersive to me (it could have been our location in Bldg 4, so we didn't walk through the resort much) plus the pool is not great (the pool slide is really small). If you want a different experience, definitely give CSR a try!

We love CSR, the rooms are beautiful with super comfy beds. The resort is stunning with peaceful hammocks on the beach, huge pool with pyramid slide and great restaurant and food court. We enjoyed every minute of our stay here but will warn you that it felt like a lot of walking but plenty of scenery while you walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter