Where to stay in Downtown Orlando?

pepperw23

Ouch, my brain hurts now
I will be attending a seminar for work :-)woohoo:) in Downtown Orlando. I have never ventured off of Disney Property much so I have NO CLUE about downtown. All I know is the class is at the Citrus Club.

All the hotels around the club are well over per diem. I am allowed to go over if I need to, but would like to try to save the company a few $$.

Any help would be great.

BTW, does anyone know how far South Orange Ave. is from City Walk, or anything else cool?

I will be attending a seminar for work :-)woohoo:) in Downtown Orlando. I have never ventured off of Disney Property much so I have NO CLUE about downtown. All I know is the class is at the Citrus Club.

All the hotels around the club are well over per diem. I am allowed to go over if I need to, but would like to try to save the company a few $$.

Any help would be great.

BTW, does anyone know how far South Orange Ave. is from City Walk, or anything else cool?

Will you have a car rental?

Any help would be great.

The closest from So. Orange Ave. to Universal's City Walk is around 7 or 8 miles. But So. Orange Ave. is long and, depending on where your starting point is, it could be up to 15 miles from place to place.

I'd suggest a couple of things regarding lodging. Go out to www.mousesavers.com and check to see if there are any special discounts offered there for any of the Downtown Disney hotels. Also, you might get more response here if you can share your company's per diem amount or some other price range that you're interested in (you may also find other area hotels listed at mousesavers, or elsewhere, if you look for Lake Buena Vista area hotels within the price range that will fit your needs).

Dick Taylor

Good call! We use Government Per Diem rates. I am not traveling on Gov't $$ forthis trip though. The Per Diem in Orlando in Feb is $104 a night.

I have stayed twice at the Royal Plaza in Downtown Disney and really like it. Depending on when you are going will depend on rate, as with any hotel.

Everyone is recommending hotels near the Disney property but I don't know if you want to stay that far away from downtown. If you're looking for a moderately priced hotel I would suggest splitting the difference and checking out the hotels near the Universal property off of Major Boulevard. That gives you a choice of Wingate Inn, Hampton Inn, Fairfield Inn, Extended Say and Extended Stay Deluxe, Best Western Universal Inn, Suburban Lodge, Comfort Suites, Sleep Inn, LaQuinta, Hyatt Place or Holiday Inn (among others). Most them are fairly new and all of them are nice, reasonably priced and within easy and safe walking distance of restaurants and night life. I think staying a little closer to downtown will make you happier as you'll spend less time navigating I-4 where traffic between Mall of Millenia through downtown is often atrocious (but traffic coming from the other direction into downtown is worse) so give yourself a little extra time to get in and out every day. Hope that helps.

IMO, Embassy Suites downtown Orlando is a great option. Good location, free breakfast buffet and free cocktails at the managers happy hour and very spacious rooms. :banana::cool1::banana:

IMO, Embassy Suites downtown Orlando is a great option. Good location, free breakfast buffet and free cocktails at the managers happy hour and very spacious rooms. :banana::cool1::banana:

In addition: Courtyard Orlando Downtown, just off the corner of Colonial Dr. (SR 50) & Magnolia. The area is safe and non-sketchy. Right next door, there is a 7-11 and restaurants and there are a couple of restaurants about 1 block away.

Courtyard Orlando Downtown
730 North Magnolia Avenue · Orlando, Florida 32803

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter