• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay half way between

tngal

DIS Veteran
Chattanooga, TN area and Cape Canaveral? My mom and Dad are going along with us, straight through it is around a 10 hr drive, and my mom and I both have back and joint issues,so it would literally be painful for us to ride that far straight through. Last time, my Dh, 2 DD's and I stayed in Valdosta, Ga, but we want somewhere else this time. Is there somewhere that anyone knows of that would be along the beach? What do you think about Jacksonville Beach or St. Augustine, Fl? Thanks for any help and info. you can give!!

Lisa

Chattanooga, TN area and Cape Canaveral? My mom and Dad are going along with us, straight through it is around a 10 hr drive, and my mom and I both have back and joint issues,so it would literally be painful for us to ride that far straight through. Last time, my Dh, 2 DD's and I stayed in Valdosta, Ga, but we want somewhere else this time. Is there somewhere that anyone knows of that would be along the beach? What do you think about Jacksonville Beach or St. Augustine, Fl? Thanks for any help and info. you can give!!

Lisa

One option would be to stay in Savannah, GA -- it is about half way. There is a beach on Tybee Island and the downtown area of Savannah is pretty neat as well. If you are going to go to Jacksonville Beach or St. Augustine you will be driving over 7 hours (almost 8) on the first day and less than three on the second. Really taking 75 and staying in Valdoosa is your shortest distance, but if you wanted a change you can take 75 to Macon and take 16 over to Savannah. Then take 95 out of Savannah all the way down to the exit for Port Canaveral.

Hope this helps!

If you are traveling down 75, then I-10, over to Jacksonville, that would be a good stop. I would go a little south of Jacksonville, St. Augustine is a good area.

We are in Alabama and pick up 75 S in Adairsville, GA. We have driven as far as Titusville, but that was a long drive.

St. Augustine would be a good!! Enjoy your trip.

Hey, neighbor, I second the Savannah suggestion, we went last fall for a long weekend and really enjoyed it, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate slightly south of Savannah. How do you like this SNOW we're getting tonight?

Hey, neighbor, I second the Savannah suggestion, we went last fall for a long weekend and really enjoyed it, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express right off the interstate slightly south of Savannah. How do you like this SNOW we're getting tonight?

Well, Hello neighbor! I am loving the snow we're gettin'! I like it and think its pretty but I can't wait for spring either!!!! Nice to "meet" someone relatively close on here!!!
Are you just planning a cruise or have you already booked?

Lisa

We have one booked for May 30, 2010, it will be our first, PM me and we can become email buddies!!!

Hey Lisa,

Glad to see another Tennessee Girl here. We live just a few hours up I-24 from you.

Going to Savannah will add a few more miles and maybe an hour to your trip, but it sure does break-up that Georgia monotonous drive. I always say the trip to Florida would be great if it weren't for Georgia (no offense to Ga but it is just a long drive)

If time is no problem, Hilton Head SC is just about 30 miles north of Savannah. Disney has a DVC resort there that is great. We have been known to make a day there to break up the trip to Port.

Hey Lisa,

Glad to see another Tennessee Girl here. We live just a few hours up I-24 from you.

Going to Savannah will add a few more miles and maybe an hour to your trip, but it sure does break-up that Georgia monotonous drive. I always say the trip to Florida would be great if it weren't for Georgia (no offense to Ga but it is just a long drive)

If time is no problem, Hilton Head SC is just about 30 miles north of Savannah. Disney has a DVC resort there that is great. We have been known to make a day there to break up the trip to Port.

Hello fellow Tennessean! Did you all get any snow?
You're right, that drive through Ga is super long!!!! and super monotonous as well.

Thank you, and everyone else, for your suggestions! I really appreciate the info!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter