• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

where to stay for avenger 1/2 week-end

mjtm610

Mouseketeer
Ok, we're newbies to DL. We were there in (I hate to admit it...1985). We just registered for the DL avengers 1/2 marathon. We have NO IDEA where to stay. We do have DVC, but I'm sure that's going to be booked solid. Remember, I'm old, I've just run 13.1 miles....I don't want to have to go far to find my bed!!!
Thanks for the info!!

Check out the Avengers Half Marathon thread on this board and also the one on the W.I.S.H board under Competitions/events. Lots of different hotel suggestions on both those threads!

I am staying onsite at Paradise Pier Hotel. The corrals are literally right out the front door. If you don't want to pay onsite prices though there are lots of more affordable options within easy walking distance.

Have fun planning!

I have done tinkerbell half marathon the past 3 years. For the first 2 I stayed at HoJos and it was a very long walk to the start (and back again).

This year for Tink I decided to splurge on the Disneyland Hotel and I was very glad I did. I was right in the center of the action- expo is at the DH and I went a few times, and I was a short walk to the start/finish.

Since I am doing the Avengers 5k and half I'm going to splurge again on the Disneyland hotel.

A cheaper non-disney hotel near the start/finish is Best Western Stovall's. I have not personally stayed there but others on these boards have recommended it.

A cheaper non-disney hotel near the start/finish is Best Western Stovall's. I have not personally stayed there but others on these boards have recommended it.

Stayed there for Tink and loved it! No bag drop and I was able to finish, get my medal, cross back over the course and in my room in less than 20 min! :cloud9: The room was nice and came with a fridge/micro which was great. They also had a huge room for breakfast.

I'm there again for Avengers this year, b/c it's more race weekend than parks. I've done BW Park Place on Harbor which is right at the crosswalk for the resorts. 5 min walk to the parks and 10-15 min walk through DTD to the race area. Everything is really accessible to the parks and the races. Harbor and Katella are the 2 most popular streets. Also, they have free shuttles race weekend if you're racing. They pick up at the hotels and drop you off at the East Esplanade, which is basically the crosswalk I mentioned above and you walk through DTD. The nice thing is that they run early for you prerace and you can use them post race if you're going to the parks during the day.

Only the dedicated 2 brm units are still available at VGC, and we aren't even at the seven month mark yet! If you have unrestricted points, and you're happy with a hotel room, you can grab a theme park view room at PP for about 20 points less per night than the 2 bdrm unit. If you want to save your points, and avoid the price of on-site, I'd go with BWPPI. I've stayed there and found it an easy walk after the race, especially with an endorphin high. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter