• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

where to stay before the cruise ??

where to stay problem ?

• 2 days near disney

• 2 days near port

• split stay

• any other suggestions ??

Results are only viewable after voting.

disney67

DIS Veteran
Hi disfriends , I need your guys help this is going to be our first cruise and im going crazy to figure out where too stay or what to do . so here is my thought since i do not know the port area at all and i do not mind scouting to do something within a good traveling distence from the hotel .
2 days near disney
2 days near the port
split stay
or any other suggestions ?

If you are driving it might be advantagious to stay at one of the Port Canaveral hotels either before or after your cruise as a few of them allow you to park on site while you cruise, saving you $20 a day in parking fees. We are staying at the Radisson on our next trip, but I know others do it as well. HTH

We can't go to FL and NOT visit Disney. I said "other" because we would only stay onsite somewhere...make it a total Disney experience!! Don't do "near Disney"!! You can find some sort of deal to stay onsite somewhere!!

We always stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites Maingate East. We get there late afternoon the day before the cruise and visit downtown disney that night. It is only about an hour drive to the port.

If you were going for just 1 night in advance, I'd recommend staying near the airport (if flying) or by the port (if driving.) However, if you are coming in 2 days early, then I'd recommend staying somewhere for both nights. If it's disney, then stay near the parks. Or if you want to see cocoa beach, stay near the port.

We have 2 kids, and I've found that it's more hassle to move around from hotel to hotel than it is to just pick a place and stay there.

I enjoy getting a feel for the water before I leave so I always stay at the Best Western on Cocoa Beach (right next to the Cocoa Beach pier) before I leave. I then usually go back to Disney after the cruise since you disembark so early and enjoy a day relaxing at one of my favorite Disney hotels (depending on time of year it could be WL or OKW).

Good luck as everyone will have a differing opinion!!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter