Where to stay at Pop Century

msane99

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I have been reading your forum here, and first off want to say thank you for providing such a great wealth of knowledge! Great site!

Now My family and I will be traveling to Disney World October 5th - 11th and are staying @ Pop Century. Could you guys please let me know what is the best building, and floor to stay at there? We payed for a premium room, and will be traveling with Myself, Wife, 9 yr old, 5 year old, and 2 year old (2 adults 3 kids). Do you guys have a preferance to building, room floor? and if so could you ellaborate a little?

Many, many thanks!

Michael

The preferred rooms are all within a max of 500yds of Classic Hall. It really comes down to what decade is more of interest to you. Also, how noise sensitive you are. The top floor rooms are quiter and so are the non-poolside rooms. Other than that do you want to close to the bus, the foodcourt or parking lot?

The resort is not as spread out as it looks on the map.

Thank you! We would like to stay close to the parking lot, we wont mind the noise of the swimming pool what would your suggestion be then?

Thanks, Michael

POP is not very large at all. We stayed in a standard room and the difference in walking is minimal. If you payed for the preffered room your options are 50's, 60's and 70's with most rooms being in the sixtys. The hippy dippy pool (loacated in the 60's) is extrememly busy and therefore loud. so you might want to request a "parking lot" view room because it places you further from the pool without being further from the main building. If you dont care about noice then ask for a room opening up towrds the pool. We stayed in the 50's and much preffered opening the door in the morning to something fun to look at rather than hourglass lake or a parking lot. Plus we were never bothered by noise (granted we are 13 and 20 so noice never really bothers us)

Next consider the floor you want. We like being on the top floor (4th) but that is just personal prefferance. We like being high up and for some reason I hate the idea of people being above me. However the lower the floor the less walking required and if you have small children/someone with mobility issues being on the ground floor can be nice. Just keep in mind it can also be more noisy!

With POP Century room requests are really just about personal prefference. The only "group" of buildings that I feel are out of the way is the 90's so I personally steer clear of that. Choose the decade that suits you and you will be happy either way!

Hope my suggestions helped!!

Thank you for your input! Are the pools that loud? We are leaning toward the top floor of the 50's or 60's facing the pool (no worries on loud noise) If Availible. Any other thoughts or advise on trip? Michael

We like the 90's it is not preferred nice pool it is just a short walk to Everything Pop.
Lexi

I really like the 50s building. It's one of the preferred rooms. We were in building 3 on the third floor. Great with noise and a close walk to Classic Hall and the bowling pin pool!

When we stay at POP we like 50's and we stay on bottom floor near the pool. We don't find the noise to be that bad. Of course, we are mostly in the room at night.

We didnt find the noise bad at all however we were in the 50's on the top floor.

I cannot personally say about the 60's but I know there was always alot of noice headed from that directon during the middle of the day.

I think (dont quote me on this) that the pools close at 11? maybe 12? Burt I dont really remember them being busy much after supper time.

We will be going to Pop Century next year. Any ideas on what would be the quietest location? I am a light sleeper. I bring a white noise machine but I'd still like to find the quietest building/location. I'm definitely thinking 4th floor. But what building?

Also, if we get placed in a room next to a super loud family, how flexible is the front desk about moving us to a different room?

Thank you! We would like to stay close to the parking lot, we wont mind the noise of the swimming pool what would your suggestion be then?

Thanks, Michael

Building #1 (50's) and #10 (70's) are the closest to the parking lots. You do not have to park in the lot that is assigned for the building. For example, if you are in building #10 the 90's parking lot is directly beside the building but the 70's parking is on the other side of the 80's. They do not check the parking lot. As long as your permit is displayed you can park in any lot.

The pools close at midnight but the lifeguards go off duty at 10pm. Often there are people in the pool until the wee hours of the morning and security rarely does anything about it.

We will be going to Pop Century next year. Any ideas on what would be the quietest location? I am a light sleeper. I bring a white noise machine but I'd still like to find the quietest building/location. I'm definitely thinking 4th floor. But what building?

Also, if we get placed in a room next to a super loud family, how flexible is the front desk about moving us to a different room?

Ask for a 4th floor room away from the elevator. I would also suggest that you book a standard not preferred. Tell them that you would like a quiet location. Building #2 (50's) non poolside would be great because there is nothing behind that building.

If you are going at a slower time of year it will automatically be quieter.

Ask for a 4th floor room away from the elevator. I would also suggest that you book a standard not preferred. Tell them that you would like a quiet location. Building #2 (50's) non poolside would be great because there is nothing behind that building.

We're going in late January. Do I need to call and tell them to put "building 2, non-poolside" on my reservation or just as at the desk during check-in?

When I made our reservation the guy put it down for a King room (I guess because it's just for two adults.) Do they have king beds on all floors, in all buildings?

This is where we stayed in Jan (4th floor) and it was VERY quiet. I wasn't even sure if there was anyone else in that section on most days! :thumbsup2

We're going in late January. Do I need to call and tell them to put "building 2, non-poolside" on my reservation or just as at the desk during check-in?

When I made our reservation the guy put it down for a King room (I guess because it's just for two adults.) Do they have king beds on all floors, in all buildings?

Late January is a very slow time of year. I went the last week of Jan. in 2007 and it felt like we were alone at the resort and the parks. The rides were all, and I mean ALL, a straight walk on.

The kings are spread out all over the resort. So, make your request just remember it's only a request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter