• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to stay - 2 20 something adults

Brian&Nikki

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are planning our first disney trip (he's never been and I haven't been since i was a kid). We are both in our upper 20's. Where should we stay? There are so many resorts to choose from, it's overwhelming. We didn't want to spend a ton on the hotel since we figured we wouldn't be there all that much (plan on hitting all the different parks, etc).

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Your 1st trip? How exciting, so much to see, so little time.

If you plan staying onsite, in one of Disney's resorts, just look at the pictures and see which one interest you.

Try these websites

www.allearsnet.com for pictures of resorts and rooms.

www.mousesavers.com for prices of resorts.

WDW is huge but they have a pretty good bus system included. Going from one resort to another could take up to 90 minutes. The buses usually go from resort to park.

Have a great time!!!

If you don't want to spend a bunch of money on your hotel, I suggest you look into the Disney Value Resorts (any of the All-Stars or Pop Century). I've stayed at almost all of them and have enjoyed my stay. The only thing that might be bothersome is that it can get loud if your room is by the pool, but I'm sure that's the case at a lot of the resorts. I don't mind, though. Saving the money on the room allows me to stay at WDW longer! While on our last trip to WDW, we were told that All-Star Music is more geared toward adults than the other value resorts. We'll be trying out ASM since I've already done the other value resorts.

If you don't mind camping, Fort Wilderness is always a great choice. My family always stayed there, we followed the whole in the park all day long, only at the campsite to crash (not sleep just pass out from being so tired). Even if you don't stay there, you should look into seeing the Hoop De Doo dinner show, HNiki and I both enjoy it (both 25).

Although they don't fit your $$ preferences, I recommend the EPCOT resorts (BC, YC, BW, Swan, Dolphin). Being based there allows you to walk to EPCOT, walk to MGM, and the Boardwalk is there for your night time entertainment. My DW and I are far from our upper 20's and find that area suits our touring style. For example, we visit EPCOT for a short time probably every day for lunch, dinner, a ride or two, etc.

This is my personal recommendation:

I would not stay at the Value if you can afford something else. While the accomodations are good, there are so many little ones to listen to!

To make the atmosphere more condusive to a "couples" adventure, I would recommend Port Orleans, Riverside.

The Mansion section is very nice, and the Alligator Bayou section is kinda secluded. They have a nice pool and a nice food area. They also have a full restaurant if you prefer.

One nice thing that you can do is to take the boat to get to Downtown Disney. It is a very romantic, lethargic ride to get there. :love:

I have been coming to WDW since 1972. I am now a part of the Disney Vacation Club. I would agree, that the Beach or Yacht club would be very nice, as long as it is within your price range.

Have a great time, and expect many, many changes since you were there the last time.

:wave:

Pop century - here are some pictures
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=537

has a pool bar plus and inside lounge. So you can do your drinking at your resort.

or
BWV
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=543

go rent from a DVC member and save you quite a bit of money.

there is a rental/trade board in the DVC section of this board.

I would try for the wine & food festavial - although that means you probably can't get a DVC resorts and would have to go with Pop.

Have you considered staying at one of the Downtown Disney Hotels? They are located a bit farther from the theme parks, but they do provide buses. Those hotels are not as spendy, plus they are convenient if you plan on visiting other Orlando area attractions. We chose the DTD DoubleTree & like KittyKitty stated, All Ears & Mouse Savers are good resources and will give discounts & codes.

2nd Vote for Port Orleans - Riverside!

2 years ago, mh DH and I (both early 30's) took our first trip to WDW togther and stayed in one of the mansions at Port Orleans. It was beautiful and quiet. That trip marked the beginning for us. We leave for our 3rd trip in 3 years in 22 days and own DVC. :teeth:

We loved POR!

Whichever resort you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

3rd vote for Port Orleans - Riverside. We stayed there our 1st on site trip and loved it. It seemed very romantic.

I would recommend POFQ which is our favorite moderate resort. It is the smallest resort that Disney has. If money is an issue Pop Century would be my choice. :)

To make the atmosphere more condusive to a "couples" adventure, I would recommend Port Orleans, Riverside.

The Mansion section is very nice, and the Alligator Bayou section is kinda secluded. They have a nice pool and a nice food area. They also have a full restaurant if you prefer.

One nice thing that you can do is to take the boat to get to Downtown Disney. It is a very romantic, lethargic ride to get there. :love:

I would agree that one of best romantic values for a Disney Resort is the Port Orleans Riverside. And Nink is correct, that boat ride to Downtown Disney and back can be very romantic. :lovestruc

To begin with, I would definetly stay on Disney property and take advantage of the benefits such as bus shuttles to all the parks and extra magic hours. Plus it just adds to the magic when you are on Disney property! lol
If you don't plan on spending much time at the resort, in my opinion(as a 30y/o single male), the value resorts are an excellent choice and great value. Themoney you save on the resort is just more money to spend elsewhere at the parks and downtown. The pools are nice and the food court is good for quick bites. There are small outdoor bars at the value resorts as well. I've been to two of them.
I've been to those resorts with a freind in her 30's, her 5y/o daughter and my 21y/o female cousin and we all enjoyed them.
The next time I go, I'll probably go to another value resort.

DH & I went quite a few time w/o kids we liked POFQ & WL. I would get the book Walt Disney world for Couples by the Perlmutter's. The last one they did came out in 03 so it is older but it has great resort descriptions & tips. You might be able to find a used one on ebay. Just make sure you get the 2003 one.

Kae

best arcade

value - Pop
moderate - POR
deluxe - Cont

best pools

value - Pop Okay Movies is great too!
moderate - CSR
deluxe - bc/yc

best restuarant or food court
value - Pop (my opinion)
moderate - POR (my opinion)
deluxe - Polyn or AKL (my opinion)

get a list of your best - what you have to have - what you need - what you want.

however other people opinions are just that.

I loved a BCV studio I though it was just wonderful - but another lady went to the same studio and hated it. Why - the view was great for me and I ignored the service street & main street below - she couldn't.

so what some of us think is great - you might not like at all. :artist:

Just went last march. My boyfriend and I are in our mid twenties and we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. It was perfect! We stayed in Alligator Bayou in a king bedroom. It was a corner room overlooking the river and was so peaceful. We were worried about noise, but we never heard anything. I would recommend going to Boatwrights for breakfast if you are breakfast people. They gave us coffee to go every morning and it was worth just a few extra bucks not to have to deal with crowds in the food court. The pool bar was nice too. We found that we liked to walk to the pool bar and then head over to one of the quiet pools to relax. The main pool was usually a little bit crowded. Also, go and see Bob the Piano man if you can. It was a nice way to spend an evening in the lounge at the hotel. We're going back as soon as we can. It was awesome. I can't stress enough how relaxing and romantic it was. Some people like POFQ better because its less walking but we didn't really mind it. It was a nice way to end the evening strolling hand and hand back to our room. Have fun on your trip!!!!

Another vote for the EPCOT resorts. There is nothing better than waking up in the morning and walking to France for pastries before you start your whole day!!

(I'm a new poster- hi! :wave2: )

I went with a groups of 20 yr olds in 2005!
We stayed in Pop and were never there so it was a great choice and saved us lots of money. We also had the dinning plan which was awesome because we could all eat a ton and it was nice going to the better resturants and not feeling the guilt in our wallets.

I'll be heading to WDW in May with my boyfriend and we're planning on the All Star Music. We have another couple going with us who may be staying outside of disney to try and save money but we are very against it because of all the extras disney resorts offer.

Subscribing!

I went to Disney last January with my boyfriend of 5 years. He is 21 and I am 23. He had not been since he was 7 and I had never been. We chose All Star Movies so that we could have some extra spending money and more room in our vacation budge (ie. I had never been on a plane before so we wanted to take a Delta Song). I would completely recommend ASMo. People told me all these reasons why we should upgrade but I am stubborn and didn't want to budge since we decided to stay in Florida for 2 weeks (10 days in Disney, 4 on the beach at Anna Maria Island)- Niether of us regret our resort choice. It was very accomodating. I didn't like the first room we were in and they switched us without hesitation in about 10 minutes time. The kids that were there never caused a problem and the atmosphere was very exciting and very Disney. If I had an infinate budget I might have looked elsewhere but I fell in love with the idea of staying in a "Disney" room when I saw the pictures. If you want any other input or trip tips from our vacation please dont hesitate to private message me!

I would recommend All Star Music and request a room in one of the buildings far away from the front (Country Fair or Broadway). The piano pool, which is in the back draws mostly adults while most of the families and kids go swim in the main pool towards the front. I also think the theming is the least attractive to children of the three AS resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter