Where to start??

1. 2 adults, 2 kids- ages 6 (girl) and 12 (Boy). First time for all of us. We live in Nova Scotia Canada.

2. we are simple eaters. We probably prefer quick and easy stuff. Nothing fancy (the kids won't appreciate it anyway). We wouldn't mind room service a time or two. Like buffets as well.
2b. I'd go on the picky eater side. Hubby will eat anything (loves new stuff). The rest of us, not so much.

3. I think the first time being there, we'd love the Disney. Not a 10 but certainly not a 1 either. I'll go with a little higher than the middle- let's say a 6 or 7!

4. We are a bit of both. Love keeping busy and the kids will love keeping busy and want to do it all. However, we'd probably like to have a day or two of just chilling and swimming for the day. A relaxing day in the middle would be perfect!! Hubby is also the type who won't want to go go go all the time. He will want to relax a bit. I have a feeling I may end up taking a day and going with the kids while he stays at the hotel.

5. No disabilities or mobility issues. Tired kids if we have to do a bunch of walking is about it. lol

Thanks so much for all of the help you guys are all giving! I appreciate it!!

Now that I've bored you to death with dining details...I'll throw in you really don't have to make any hard choices for quite some time. You will probably want to have some dining choices lined up when you get to the 180 day mark, and around then you may want to have airfare lined up. You won't be ableto book your room until August at the earliest (full rack rates), and a discount offer probably offered in the November/December/Jan time frame.

So I'll get back to this post.
If you ipcka deluxe resort, or evne a mod, then eating at your home resort's TS at least one night is smart and easy, and gives you lots of flexibilty. It's a good idea. If you pick a top tier deluxe like Poly - you may well want to eat at yoru home resort twice.

While Disney pricing seems high, and it is, keep in mind that disney does give you somethign for your moeny, and it's not always clearly spelled out on the website. Oftne the intangible factor is high quality dining, well themed decor, and convenience getting to the parks, and nearby deluxe resorts. the BC/YC/BWK are all close toeach other, they are also very close to LOTS of restaurants in Epcot. The monorail resorts (contemp/Poly/GF) are clsoe to MK and each other. Contemp probably has the least intersting decor, but offers convenience in location. the moderate resorts give you LOTS of theming, great pools, very good dining- but you lose quite abit of time getting aroudnwitin the resort and getting to/from the parks. the value resorts- are least expensive, are super clean, and give you a ton for the money- but they are not fancy, the rooms are not huge, and the beds are full size. Where as deluxes are queen beds. Aong the top themed resorts are WL and AKL, but the rooms are slightly smaller and the transportation not quite as good as the top tier deluxes. Still they are oth amazing and beautiful. They are both among my faves. I haven't been to the newest AoA yet, but the food court sounds great. the DVc resorts have a ktichen, but are pricey, and locations may not be quite as great as the deluxes. (even where they are nextdoor to a deluxe, you lose time walking to the pool/food court/bus stop.)

Most ypically these days, I opt for deluxes or value resorts.

I suggest onsite is good place to stay based on what you've told me. There are LOTS of amazing offsite resorts. Offfsite, you often get more space for less Money - but you trade the convenience of being onsite. If you are ina situation where you have lots of bonus points, and could stay at somethign lieka Marriott using points, then yeah! do it. If you love the idea of renting a house, offsite might be for you. Probably though, onsite is going to be best, since it's easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!