• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to start at Epcot?

Tink!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Epcot has so many countries...where do you start when you arrive?

Because we eat at so many of the Ecpot countries, I generally don't do them all in one day. For instance, for our next visit, we'll likely eat in Great Brittain, France, Germany, Norway, Italy and Japan. So, when we schedule meals for those places, I'll usually plan for maybe an hour or more on either side of that meal to visit that country. For the other countries, I'll likely hit them after we've visited the country we're eating at, or plan to hit them some evening while at the park. This time I plan to go more slowly and methodically through each country than we did last time.

We have always started with Mexico, as we like to eat lunch at San Angel. But next visit we're mixing it up, starting with Canada, and having lunch at the Rose & Crown in the UK.

We usually stay at the Boardwalk, so we typically enter through World Showcase and start over in the UK, and then go back over the bridge to Paris and walk around the countries that way (Paris, Morocco, Tokyo, etc.)

My family loves Epcot. There is no way to fit in everything there in one day, so once we spend time in the front of the park (starting with a FP to Soarin and a ride through The Land), we head over toward Mexico. If I were you, I would look at the schedule of shows and pick a couple that you want to make your priority, look at the times they are showing, and take it from there. I particularly like the Chinese Acrobats, the British Invasion in England, and all of the acts at Japan. There is just so much to see and take in! Decide what you want to see and head in that direction. Enjoy!

In the last 10 years we've stayed at either BoardWalk or Swan/Dolphin 9 times so it's through the IG and right to the 'ride' pictured below.

Bill From PA

Where we start depends on where we want to eat and what time of day it is! And what the entertainment schedule is. We think that the live entertainment is a big attraction and try to plan our touring around catching things like the World Showcase Players, the Dragon Legend Acrobats, Voices of Liberty, etc. We usually spend two afternoons/evenings back in World Showcase so that we can see it all. And we usually end up having to do some backtracking.

We almost always start in Mexico and go clockwise from there.

Not sure what makes the decision, but some years we start at Mexico and others Canada. Probably slightly more Mexico but only because we tend to work around and end at Canada for dinner many years.

this year will be different for me since F&W is there when we are! :goodvibes

We willl begin our EPCOT day on a segway around the world tour, go from there right into F&W (not sure from which direction, depends on the program), go home to OKW for a breakin the early evening, and then to Futureworld for the late EMH hours.:banana:

this year will be different for me since F&W is there when we are! :goodvibes

We willl begin our EPCOT day on a segway around the world tour, go from there right into F&W (not sure from which direction, depends on the program), go home to OKW for a break in the early evening, and then to Futureworld for the late EMH hours.:banana:

Technically we start our day off at Norway with a nice breakfast with the Princesses before park opens. Then once after RD we head over to Soarin to ride then get a FP, then it is off to TT to ride after that it is wherever our hearts wants to take us. With that said, once we are ready to head to WS we always go to Mexico first because at that time I am ready to have a frozen Margarita and my DH is ready for a Mexican beer and my kids are ready to ride the Three Cabaleros. And then we do it all over again on our second Epcot day since we can never go to Disney unless we visit Epcot at least twice. However, we may change it up a bit in September. Instead of riding Soarin first we really want to check out the new attraction in Innoventions, the Sum of All Thrills, so Soarin may have to wait a bit before we ride :goodvibes

We mix it up we don't start on either side the majority of the time and this last trip we took the water taxes across the lagoon several times and skipped around (to get passport stamps), we usually spread out Epcot over several days and don't visit all the countries in one day, we may walk thru them on the way to the exit but don't bother to stop and check stuff out every time.

In the last 10 years we've stayed at either BoardWalk or Swan/Dolphin 9 times so it's through the IG and right to the 'ride' pictured below.

Bill From PA

HAHA, I always thought that was the R&C, but was never sure.

Thanks for finally clearing that up! :thumbsup2

I ALWAYS start at Mexico and end at France...because I love a nice cool refreshing margarita to start my day in the high heat, and I like to end it with a romantic kir royale at nite with my love :)

As far as the World Show Case goes, we always start in Mexico. Not sure why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter