Where to sit when riding EE? other coasters?

Mimotolina

Earning My Ears
Thank you all! I am new to the boards and I really appreciate all the information shared. You are all very helpful!

I've been to WDW three times in the last two years but I have never been on Expedition Everest or Rock ''n' Roller Coaster. I am thinking of trying them out when we go next time in April.

I noticed that when I sat in the front for both BTMR and SDMT, the ride was less scary, it seem to slow down somewhat. My question is: Where should I sit when riding EE if I want the least scary experience? Since it goes backward, I don't really know! Same for Rock 'n' Roller.

Thank you!!

Thank you all! I am new to the boards and I really appreciate all the information shared. You are all very helpful!

I've been to WDW three times in the last two years but I have never been on Expedition Everest or Rock ''n' Roller Coaster. I am thinking of trying them out when we go next time in April.

I noticed that when I sat in the front for both BTMR and SDMT, the ride was less scary, it seem to slow down somewhat. My question is: Where should I sit when riding EE if I want the least scary experience? Since it goes backward, I don't really know! Same for Rock 'n' Roller.

Thank you!!
For EE and RnR we prefer the front, not because less scary but in the back its a rougher ride. For BTMR and SDMT we prefer the back.

I think the middle of EE is a good choice, if you don't want to feel the speed so much. As you have said, it goes both backwards and forwards, so both ends feel the speed at some point. Plus at the front you get the high view of a good chunk of Disney property on Everest.

It really is a personal preference. I think btmrr is better from the front. The "drops" seemed slowed down when we were in the back.

The last row always has the fastest ride. Think about it, a long line of cars heads up the first hill. At the top, the first car goes over the peak and faces down the biggest drop but the rest of the train is still laboring up, holding the procession back. Eventually more cars crest the hill and the train accelerates down and while the last car is still on the upgrade it picks up speed, even before hitting the top. So if you want to get the longest dose of speed, head to the rear. It's my preference, but sometimes I do like to be in the front to get a good look straight down. Wifey can't keep her eyes open on the way down. Also, on BTMRR the first car has a completely blocked view due to the size of the engine and its smoke stack, a problem avoided in EE by putting that in the rear.

Bill From PA

Last edited:

BTMR and SDMT : The back
EE: The front if you want to feel the most pull when going backwards or the back if you want to feel the most pull when going down the drop
RnRC: The front cause you get the best view of the launch
SM: No way I'm going back on that thing, it's a whiplash machine

The last row always has the fastest ride. Think about it, a long line of cars heads up the first hill. At the top, the first car goes over the peak and faces down the biggest drop but the rest of the train is still laboring up, holding the procession back. Eventually more cars crest the hill and the train accelerates down and while the last car is still on the upgrade it picks up speed, even before hitting the top. So if you want to get the longest dose of speed, head to the rear. It's my preference, but sometimes I do like to be in the front to get a good look straight down. Wifey can't keep her eyes open on the way down. Also, on BTMRR the first car has a completely blocked view due to the size of the engine and its smoke stack, a problem avoided in EE by putting that in the rear.

Bill From PA

Yes, the last row detaches itself from the rear of the train, passes the front car, moves even farther ahead, then at the brake run magically returns to the back of the train. :goodvibes
Well, at least that how it feels...:cool1:. I understand your explanation completely and agree, even though the bolded is physically impossible.

Funny you should ask! On my visit 2 weeks ago for the first time I rode in the BACK of ExE; usually the backwards part takes my breathe away and makes me want my mommy, but not this time! So for teh first time, if you are concerned about intensity, I would say the back for ExE, but the front for all others.

Just to note for the OP. If a certain section is "requested", the wait time might increase. And there's no guarantee that the OP's ride will be any less scary for her.

Personally, I hate sitting on a coaster where I can see the tracks in front of me so I don't like the front seats at all. However, if I do get the front seats, I remind myself that the people who just exited the coaster lived to tell about it and so will I.

EE is the one coaster I think riding in the back is almost as good as riding in the front. Personally, I'll take the front any day on any other coaster.

I rode RnR in the back once, and it was pointless, since there's no big hill.

always has the fastest ride. Think about it, a long line of cars heads up the first hill. At the top, the first car goes over the peak and faces down the biggest drop but the rest of the train is still laboring up, holding the procession back. Eventually more cars crest the hill and the train accelerates down and while the last car is still on the upgrade it picks up speed, even before hitting the top. So if you want to get the longest dose of speed, head to the rear. It's my preference, but sometimes I do like to be in the front to get a good look straight down. Wifey can't keep her eyes open on the way down. Also, on BTMRR the first car has a completely bl

Not possible. Every train is moving at the exact same speed all the time. Now the back row will have a longer decent at a high speed, but it does not go faster for longer. When I was a teenager I used to always want the back row because of this logic and I laughed at the fools who waited longer for the front row. Now I am a front row or nothing person on most coasters. The view is the best, and since you are in the front you face the most wind resistance which makes it FEEL like you are going faster even though you are not.

Not possible. Every train is moving at the exact same speed all the time. Now the back row will have a longer decent at a high speed, but it does not go faster for longer. When I was a teenager I used to always want the back row because of this logic and I laughed at the fools who waited longer for the front row. Now I am a front row or nothing person on most coasters. The view is the best, and since you are in the front you face the most wind resistance which makes it FEEL like you are going faster even though you are not.
On BTMRR, I've sat in every single row on the train. The front feels much slower, due to the braking on the descent of the hills. The last car feels much faster, since there in no sensation of braking.

Thank you all for your replies!! I'm excited to try these different seating arrangements! I'll have to do it several times for the purpose of empirical research! ;) I do feel the back seat in BTMR gives a slightly better thrill. For EE I just want the smoother bit for the first time, although as the pp said, I am aware it won't necessarily make it less scary (fun!)

True, the back doesn't give you more speed. It gives you more "air time".

I prefer the front half of the train because it seems to be a smoother ride ... I don't know why that is, but it just seems that my head doesn't bounce around as much.
As far as one part of the train going faster than another .... That would really defy the laws of physics. I think the people who believe that do so because they interpret the rougher ride as increased speed. If the back of the train went down a drop faster than the front of the train, the front of the train would pick up speed in the next incline .... Otherwise the back of the train would collide with the front of the train.

I prefer the front half of the train because it seems to be a smoother ride ... I don't know why that is, but it just seems that my head doesn't bounce around as much.

I always think of it as a "whip". Think about how a whip moves when you snap it. Then apply that to a coaster turning a corner or going over a hill.

EE - best is the front row, unobstructed view, smooth. I don't think any seat is really that bad on the rough factor maybe the back seems faster I guess because it seems to have the most of everything.
RnR - dark, no view so that rules out the thrill factor of back seat. Back is ROUGH. We always request towards the front.
BTMRR - It's a rough ride especially if your car isn't full and you get bounced all over. I rode alone last time - wow. I prefer front but not right up there because the cab blocks your view. I don't think there is any way around the rough on that one.
7DMT - every car is different because they rock. It will also depend on the weight in your car and if they are willing to lean. We love all the seats, especially back but if you are looking for the most calm it would be towards the middle. The ride itself is fairly smooth.

You can request fronts and backs, the CM will have you stand to the side and wait until the next open spot.

BTMR and SDMT : The back
EE: The front if you want to feel the most pull when going backwards or the back if you want to feel the most pull when going down the drop
RnRC: The front cause you get the best view of the launch
SM: No way I'm going back on that thing, it's a whiplash machine
LOL, I agree about Space Mountain. I've been in the front and back of EE, and I'm not sure which would be less scary. It's my favorite ride so I feel like you can't go wrong either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter