Where to "sit by the water" in June?

Eeee-va

Happiest robot on Earth
So my mom is excited about our upcoming Disneyland trip, and one of the things she was looking forward to was "sitting by the water in DCA". From the photos it doesn't look like that's too likely, is it? :flower3:

Where are some other nice places she can "sit by the water"? The more peaceful/shadier the better. I did talk her down to a fountain. ;)

Are there any nice peaceful places on the Pirate's Lair pirate: at Tom Sawyer's Island? Maybe the Hungry Bear Restaurant? What about at DCA?

(I know there have been "peaceful places" threads before but if you have any of those I'm sure my other friend who's coming and LOVES peaceful places would appreciate those too. :) )

I could be wrong, but there probably aren't that many quiet places in June :confused3

I found Hungry Bear was pretty good, it's nice and shady, and looks over the water, you can watch the boats go by, and look out for the Disney cats! However, I don't know how busy it gets.

I wasn't really looking for quite places, but there are some great places for people watching, pretty much any bench!

I can't say for sure, but we were there at a very busy time (July of '06) and even then the little fountain area in front of Monster's Inc was pretty deserted. I don't remember the shade situation but I believe there was some. Our last visit (March of this year) that area was empty as well, but then again a lot of places were! LOL!
In DL, if you can grab a bench by the Rivers of America, that is always peaceful regardless of crowds. Also, we found it cool and relaxing to ride the Mark Twain around. Talk about being near the water! ;)

If you want a shady spot and a water play fountain, try Bugs Land. The Garden Hose is fun to watch kids splash around at and the one on the back side near Tuck and Roll's bumper bugs is less obvious and, therefore, less crowded.

Remember , with the Hungry Bear, you want the lower patio by the bathrooms, not the one where you order your food. Less crowded - shade is provided by the second story, not trees.

The boat dock in Fantasyland that used to be the queue for the Phantom Boats - it's a smoking patio now, but it is a great water spot.

Sit on one of the benches or stand at the fence in the outdoor part of the exit path for Indy - right off the Jungle Boat waters and you are only bothered when a carful of Indy patrons comes by. Or the Jungle Cruise boat captain that may tease you as part of their spiel. My little ones love to run here if we have guests in town that want to ride Indy.

When we went on Jan 2 this year, DLR was just packed. Worse than I had ever seen it in the summer. We had a FP for HMH at 7pm but we had about an hour and no where to go. You could hardly move. We ended up at Hungry Bear restaurant and ate down stairs. There were only a few people there and it was right by the water. I'd give that a try. The food is nothing spectacular but the setting was very nice. :thumbsup2

Grizzly Rapids has some benches to sit and take in the view. The wharf has tables along the water and that was filled last time I was there but not too shady. The Patio at the winery over looks the Wharf. If she does not mind smokers there is the old Motor Boat area. Try to find shade along Rivers of America, good luck.

Grizzly Rapids has some benches to sit and take in the view.

Good point! Plus you get the entertainment of seeing people getting off of the ride, absolutely sopping. I never get tired of that (nor do I get tired of getting sopping wet on it, even when I wear my poncho, and even though I'm dreadfully allergic to the Grizzly water and my legs react for weeks to it). :)

There's a back path by Grizzly that is severly underused, I think, and provides some really beautiful views of the rapids. I don't recall if there were benches (but I'm fairly sure there was) or weather there was a spash factor, but if you're looking for peace and quiet in DCA, I'm pretty sure that's your best bet.

Thanks for the advice! :) I don't know if my mom will mind the crowds. She's an ex-smoker so she might enjoy the smoking section a bit TOO much! :rotfl: I like the area around the Rivers of America so that's good for me too. :)

I've only been to DCA once--can someone describe "the patio by the winery?" Is that the Wine Country restaurant, or something different? (We're already planning to go to Wine Country Trattoria, once we get the exact date for the PS worked out.) It sounds like a good place for my mom regardless...she seemed to really enjoy DCA last time.

I hadn't thought of around GRR...great idea!

As for my friend who likes places that are "peaceful," yeah, I don't think she's going to DLR at the best time of year for that. :scared: But that's how the circumstances worked out for her--she's actually going separate from me and we'll meet up for a couple days.... I have drilled into her mind that she needs to get to the park early every day. I appreciate the suggestions for places she may be able to get away and find a little piece of solitude! And will definitely try to get her on the Mark Twain.

Good point! Plus you get the entertainment of seeing people getting off of the ride, absolutely sopping. I never get tired of that (nor do I get tired of getting sopping wet on it, even when I wear my poncho, and even though I'm dreadfully allergic to the Grizzly water and my legs react for weeks to it). :)
We will have to get you a space suit or hazardous materials suit.:lmao:
I could see the looks when you come on the ride dressed in a wet suit and hip waders along with a diving helmet. I have to get you on that some day and remember I promised to go with you on any ride and hold you hand and tell you it will alright. I got SCAN so bruising my arm as you clutch for fear on the Rapids is covered.:hug:

Rapids is interesting viewing especially when the cold people come off. Then there are those people who have to get rid of excess water by spreading it onto other people, yuck.

In DL, the back path between FRL and FL, now the way to get to the celebration BBQ is especially nice right behind the BTMRR.

In DCA my alternative suggestion would be inside the animation building lobby. I sit there and take my shoes off, and rest for up to 40 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter