• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to shop for MagicBands at WDW?

Faithful Raider

Still Earning My Ears!
Quick MagicBand questions. We are staying offsite starting 1/27 for our first time at WDW. Since we are offsite we didn't get the discount to preorder magicbands, so we decided to wait until we arrive to shop for them. Where do you recommend we go to find them? We will be at Disney Springs on 1/27, then in the parks after that. We still aren't 100% on using them (I know we could get along without them) but we though it might make things easier with our DD6 who we will be applying for DAS for, plus it will let her feel more engaged in our trip since she will get to tap in with it instead of one of us doing it for her (she can be a little independent in those kinds of things).

Also, any chance for other options other than those being sold on the shopDisney site? Pictures I've seen online on articles about MagicBands show huge displays with lots of different styles, but no idea if that's recent considering shortages and such, or if it's only like that at a certain store.

And one last question. Regular or slap band for DD6? She's likely to play with it... a lot. Neither option sounds very secure. I like the slap band because she's familiar with these and might be easier for her to be "independent" with, but not really sure it'll last through a day with her without getting lost.

Quick MagicBand questions. We are staying offsite starting 1/27 for our first time at WDW. Since we are offsite we didn't get the discount to preorder magicbands, so we decided to wait until we arrive to shop for them. Where do you recommend we go to find them? We will be at Disney Springs on 1/27, then in the parks after that. We still aren't 100% on using them (I know we could get along without them) but we though it might make things easier with our DD6 who we will be applying for DAS for, plus it will let her feel more engaged in our trip since she will get to tap in with it instead of one of us doing it for her (she can be a little independent in those kinds of things).

Also, any chance for other options other than those being sold on the shopDisney site? Pictures I've seen online on articles about MagicBands show huge displays with lots of different styles, but no idea if that's recent considering shortages and such, or if it's only like that at a certain store.

And one last question. Regular or slap band for DD6? She's likely to play with it... a lot. Neither option sounds very secure. I like the slap band because she's familiar with these and might be easier for her to be "independent" with, but not really sure it'll last through a day with her without getting lost.
Disney Springs has a great selection of Magic Bands, the best you will find outside of the parks. I can't remember the name of the shop, it is circular and also sells pins, it is open air and near the carousel (on the original side of Disney Springs). You can also check on eBay, I have bought older designs they no longer make or sell at Disney. Do make sure they are new and unopened and check the seller's ratings. The "tap" function of the band will always work, they say for other functions like photos and interactive features, the battery lasts about 2 years. I have 4 year old magic bands that still completely work, but that may be pure luck. Enjoy your first trip!

We were just there a few weeks ago. The Magic Band selection in the stores in the parks (the main store in EPCOT, several stores in MK and DHS and AK) was much better than online at shopDisney. They had a lot of fun designs, though they did not have some of the designs on shop Disney. Weird. I agree with OP that I would be wary of buying off eBay since you don't know how old the battery is. The slap band version is very, very limited in design choice, so you may want to prepare DD to wear a regular one. There is an outer area of the Magic Band that can be peeled off after you purchase it, and peeling this off shortens and narrows it for smaller wrists. I am a grown woman, but I have very small wrists, so I always peel off the outer layer of my Magic Bands to help them fit. Your DD6 would definitely need this done (my teen DDs both still need this).

I agree with @twodogs about the slapband. I was thinking of getting one for my 5y/o. I only saw one design and another family there told me that it would slip down of the kids’ wrist.
My daughter did wear the “normal” magicband and was able to wear it wothout peeling off the gray piece and did not lose it while on the trip.
Plenty of options for magicbands at the resort hotels and in parks!

Curios OP stated you get a discount on Magic Bands if staying on property. I have a package and will be on property but was told of a discount on Magic bands?

Curios OP stated you get a discount on Magic Bands if staying on property. I have a package and will be on property but was told of a discount on Magic bands?
If you have a package and are staying on property, on MyDisneyExperience (I use the full version for these), there will be a MagicBand option near the top of your account. Click that to select discounted bands for each person in your party. The options available change often.

Just a heads up that you will want to order bands for your full party at the same time as you cannot purchase 1 now and 1 later. Everyone will need to choose from the available bands at the same time.

If this has changed, please advise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter