Where to sell pins...not ebay

laurabelle

DIS Veteran
My kids want to sell their pin collections/lanyards, so I told them I would list it for them. I am not selling on ebay anymore, have had success with Craigslist on some large household items and video game stuff, but wondered if there was someplace else online that is specific to the pin selling/buying audience.

I'm starting to do a little research. They didn't trade much, just liked to collect them, so I wasn't aware of which sites were good ones...Thanks!

Be very careful. I sold to a guy from this board. He was from england and wrote me a bad check. When I appraoched him via email, he became very defensive and is now threatening not to take care of the situation.

I am not sure of all the different forums in which to buy and sell pins. What i do reccommend however is that you always use a third party payment method. Paypal being the most recognized, but they will charge you roughly 4% your sales. But at least with a paypal or thrid party escrow (if you are selling alot of pins) you have the security that you will not get ripped off.

Registered mail is always a deterrent from folks trying to be dishonest.

I just posted my kid's pins and lanyards on Dizpins... I'm only accepting postal money orders and will add delivery confirmation. Hopefully that will keep things kosher.
:tinker:Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the information on the 4% fee for PayPal. I've been thinking about selling on eBay but obviously need to do a lot more research. :surfweb:

Remember that ebay charges .35c per listing then 5% of the final sale price. This is the reason why you always see a higher than usual shipping price. This is what sellers use to offset their listing and selling prices. If you are going to sell pins, ebay is the way to go.

You will get more money for the pins and they will not be scrutinized as they will if you list them on Dizpins.

That is why you have to check the shipping costs. Some people will always get over on you there.

Remember that ebay charges .35c per listing then 5% of the final sale price. This is the reason why you always see a higher than usual shipping price. This is what sellers use to offset their listing and selling prices. If you are going to sell pins, ebay is the way to go.

You will get more money for the pins and they will not be scrutinized as they will if you list them on Dizpins.

I have a pending sale on Dizpins, but decided to list the rest on ebay. Before I listed shipping costs, I boxed them up and took them to the post office. I'm selling groups of pins, not individuals, but they are surprisingly heavy. Plus including insurance and delivery confirmation, shipping adds up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter