Where to see Mantees in Cape Canaveral??

scottie

BWV's= Our Second Home
We will be spending the night near Port (at the Country Inn and Suites) next Saturday before we sail out. We would like to take the kids to see Manatees in their natural habitat. Any suggestions on a couple of places we could go?

After our cruise in April we went to Merritt Island National Wildlife refuge where they had a viewing area for manatees. We did not see any but we did see some allegators and many different types of birds(in different places in the refuge. Here is a link:
http://www.nbbd.com/godo/minwr/

We will be spending the night near Port (at the Country Inn and Suites) next Saturday before we sail out. We would like to take the kids to see Manatees in their natural habitat. Any suggestions on a couple of places we could go?

There is a place thisclose to CI&S called Manatee Bay - OMG I forgot the name of the road between Zackery's and Traxx - anyhow you go to the end which is only a few blocks, turn to the left and there you are - its a City park, with a broadwalk and you can see manatees in the natural habitat.
You may even see dolphins. We have them in our "back yard" right now since it is "cooing" season - Listen just ask Kelly or Shawn there at the CI&S where Manatee Bay is and they will give you all the details - I do know you turn right at the first traffic light where zackery's is
I do remember that.
always
Shirley

Go to the visitors centre at the Wildlife Reserve at Merritt Island, you can get a free map which shows directions to a viewing platform - we were lucky to see 2 large mantees there in Sept. Apparently groups of up to 30 congregate there at times.

Paula
New Zealand

Thanks for all the info! We may give Manatee Bay a try if we can locate it, which doesnt sound too hard based on the info from Shirley. I believe Merritt Island will be closed while we are in town since we dont arrive and get settled in till around dinner time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter