Where to see fireworks with kids

mjlum

Mouseketeer
We went to Disneyland and my daughters wanted to watch the fireworks in the park. Main Street has the projections, but if we stand on Main Street they can't see fireworks over the adults. We also don't want to wait for hours. We also tried to watch from the train station but candlelight was set up....not sure if we would be able to see through the trees too.

Any ideas?

In summer I watched it in front of „its a small world“... and I loved it! It wasn’t crowded at all ( compared to Main Street) and they show some projections...we came about 30-40 min early (just in case) and it was pretty much an overkill because we were able to sit on the ground for the fireworks...( lots of space there at that time actually...) but you don’t see everything because some bursts for example are by the castle...

I don’t know though if they show it there for christmas time as well...

"It's a small world" has a good view of the fireworks, and they out projections on the facade.

Rivers of America has a fair view of the fireworks. Some tree obstruction, but not much. The do the projections on a mist screen on the river. That's the biggest downside--to watch the projection, you look at the river, then you have to turn the other way for the fireworks.

Neither alternative site is as good as Main Street. But neither make you squish up to sweaty park-goers who don't believe in soap, either.

We used to watch fireworks near Small World. I didn't know they had the projections there... So, you sit in front of Small World & turn around to see the castle fireworks? Just wanted to make sure I understand where to sit. That sounds much better than waiting for hours in front of the castle or the kids saying "I can't see" if we stand on Main Street.

The three main locations to view fireworks are from the Main Street/Hub area, It A Small World Mall, and the Rivers of America.

It's a Small World Mall is fairly popular, but I don't think any of it really designated for sitting (maybe up on the raised area on the right side some guests might sit on the benches/planters). The projections are on the facade of IaSW, so you'll need to be able to see the building. I watched from fairly close to IaSW and the view was okay, but the toy shop did get in the way occasionally. I'm not sure if it's better to be close to IaSW or closer to FL. Hopefully other will chime in. Another thing to note; this location is closer to where the fireworks are launched, so the bursts are noticeable louder.
DSC_0237_zps96eac2cf.jpg

DSC_0247_zpsd6954c50.jpg

The other location is the Rivers of America. The use the mist screens for the projections. Make sure you're viewing the show from more towards the NOS-side of the river. Basically you want to be able to see the River, plus Big Thunder if you don't want to have to split your attention. These photos are taken from the NOS-side of the RoA, in line with about Cafe Orleans.
DSC_0465_zpsdjkwtlys.jpg

DSC_0458_zpskippxlhd.jpg

So, you sit in front of Small World & turn around to see the castle fireworks?

You will not have to turn around as the fireworks are actually behind the entire park. They will be a bit off to the left from IASW. It's a decent place to watch, but it's not as well composed as straight on at the castle. I usually use this if I am going to watch them a second time on a trip.

You will not have to turn around as the fireworks are actually behind the entire park. They will be a bit off to the left from IASW. It's a decent place to watch, but it's not as well composed as straight on at the castle. I usually use this if I am going to watch them a second time on a trip.
It's been two years, so I could totally be remembering wrong, but I thought I had to turn some for the "grand finale." Specifically for the white "fountain" ones... Am I remembering wrong, or have things changed? (Totally willing to hear either reasoning, haha!)

It's been two years, so I could totally be remembering wrong, but I thought I had to turn some for the "grand finale." Specifically for the white "fountain" ones... Am I remembering wrong, or have things changed? (Totally willing to hear either reasoning, haha!)
Fireworks do also set off from the castle; you definitely have to turn if you’re watching from IASW. It’s one reason I don’t like to watch there.

The three main locations to view fireworks are from the Main Street/Hub area, It A Small World Mall, and the Rivers of America.

It's a Small World Mall is fairly popular, but I don't think any of it really designated for sitting (maybe up on the raised area on the right side some guests might sit on the benches/planters). The projections are on the facade of IaSW, so you'll need to be able to see the building. I watched from fairly close to IaSW and the view was okay, but the toy shop did get in the way occasionally. I'm not sure if it's better to be close to IaSW or closer to FL. Hopefully other will chime in. Another thing to note; this location is closer to where the fireworks are launched, so the bursts are noticeable louder.
DSC_0237_zps96eac2cf.jpg

DSC_0247_zpsd6954c50.jpg

The other location is the Rivers of America. The use the mist screens for the projections. Make sure you're viewing the show from more towards the NOS-side of the river. Basically you want to be able to see the River, plus Big Thunder if you don't want to have to split your attention. These photos are taken from the NOS-side of the RoA, in line with about Cafe Orleans.
DSC_0465_zpsdjkwtlys.jpg

DSC_0458_zpskippxlhd.jpg
Love all your posts! The pictures are really helpful. I get it now! Been an AP For 8 years and had no idea about the projections during fireworks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter