• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to see an armadillo?

j9psu

Mouseketeer
My 4.5 year old DS loves armadillos! Just wondering if there is any place to see one at Disney...maybe Animal Kingdom? We're never done any of the wildlife trails there, so maybe... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

look on the side of the road, ;)

I know, I know. LOL! We won't be doing any driving, but I'd be terrified we'd see 'dillo roadkill. Talk about traumatic! Hopefully any we see will be alive and kicking!;) I guess in Florida they aren't such a novelty. :rotfl:

before we were dvc owners we used to camp at fort wilderness and saw a few of them. they are quite strange looking, kind of like an opossum with armor..never saw any in the parks .

The Wilderness Lodge. Out front, near the valet service. I was sitting on a bench one night after dining at Artist Point and they were scurrying around in the brush behind my bench. So cute. Kind of scary. LOL But very cool. :thumbsup2

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge for 5 nights 2 years ago and everynight, while hanging out around the main pool, we would spot them walking around. They are under the bushes close to the building and sometimes you would see one scurry across the concrete walks along secondary paths. Very neat!!

We saw them crossing the road a couple of times while on the buses.

We saw one at Epcot just outside the entrance walking across the grass near the buses. I was really shocked, but then realized they were common sights in FL. I guess it's like seeing deer up here in NY. They are everywhere. :)

Not that this will help you, (unless you take a detour past our house) but we saw one crossing our yard Monday morning! :lmao:

You all have given me hope that we may even get to see one on the grounds somewhere. If all else fails, DS will have his stuffed animal "Raindrop" (the armadillo) in tow. :)

Saw one sitting on the grass over by the gas station near the MK parking lot...really cute to see them roaming around wild.:thumbsup2

We saw one at All Stars Sports last year. We got back to the hotel about 1 o'clock in the morning. We had stopped to talk to a security guard and one walked right out of the bushes and crossed the walkway to the bushes on the other side. I wasn't prepared, so I didn't have my camera ready. The security guard said they come out every night about that time. It was such a surprise.

If you rent bikes and ride around FW, I think the chances are pretty good that you will see some. There are a few playgrounds there, and eating at Trail's end is pretty nice. You can have a relatively non-hectic 1/2 day searching for one.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We saw 2 near Typhoon Lagoon while driving to the parking lot last March. They were cool looking but smaller than i was expecting.

DW and I just moved to central florida in August and I was driving to the store and saw one run across the road and was in total shock :eek: . I didn't even know they had them here in Florida. I thought it must have been something else until I got home and researched it and found it out. Now I see one in the middle of the road probably every other day or so.

I can't imagine hitting one of those suckers....that'd be a loud thud lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter