where to go?

ranokid

Mouseketeer
Tomorrow at this time Ill be checking in ASMo. I was thinking in a quietstrool around the world Showcase in epcot while the room is ready. or should I go someplace else?

I think a little more info is needed to make any suggestions. Like what kind of tickets you have, what does your group consist of, adults only, with children, what time you are arriving, how are you planning on getting around (bus or car). :teeth:

Personally, I always have to start off my Disney trips with Magic Kingdom. Whether it's an adult only trip or with kids of any age, that is the place that gets me right in the "Disney" way of thinking.

Wherever you go, it'll be fun, so don't stress!

If you don't mind using up one of your hopper days on that first day, then go ahead and visit a park. I must warn, though, that if your plane lands at 10:45 and you get to a park around noonish, the crowds are going to be heavier than if you had gone in the morning or later in the evening.

Your best bet in the parks probably is World Showcase, since it opens 2 hours later than Future World and doesn't get nearly as crowded until much later in the afternoon/evening. IMHO, I would avoid Magic Kingdom and MGM as they will be very crowded by that time.

Plus World Showcase is beautiful and relaxing, what better way to start off the trip!

Since you've got UPHs, I'd definitely hit a park. If you do go to the World Showcase, make sure to look for some of the street performer type shows (my 9 yr old niece really liked the living statue in Italy and the comedic waiter in France). Check out Steve Soares site for the entertainment schedule. Here's the link, once you're in there, click on the tab for the park you're interested in (i.e. the purple tab for Epcot).

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/index.htm

You will be closer to Animal Kingdom than Epcot. How about lunch at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and then hit the park as the crowds there tend to thin out in the afternoon.

But your best bet may be to just hit the pool, it's hot!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

We were just at WDW last week & I agree with DisneyPete....it's HOT in the afternoon. I say, hit the pool for the afternoon & then go to Epcot for the evening - watch the performances, get dinner & stay for Illuminations - Oh & see if you can still get a FastPass for Mission:Space or Fast Track. :tongue: (If you try for MK, the lines will be so long later in the day, I don't think you will have much fun)

If you have planned the rest of the trip this may be the perfect time to let the kids make this choice! Give them some of the options suggested here and let it be a spur of the moment choice!

Barbara::MinnieMo

We'll be arriving in Orlando at approximately the same time you will be. We plan to have lunch at our resort (CBR) then head over to MK. We have expectations of long lines, so we plan to watch the 3:00 parade (which also saves us from having to stop our touring to watch it on the day we plan to spend the whole day there), then maybe take a ride on the WDW Railroad to give the kids a feel for the park (it's their first time in WDW), and then maybe spend some time trying to get some character autographs. (Of course if we happen upon a shorter line, you can bet we'll be in it! :D )

Good luck with your planning. I'm sure no matter what you decide to do, it will be awesome. Afterall it IS DISNEY WORLD!!

You're getting in early enough to hit a park or you might want to try a waterpark, they are real fun and very refreshing! You can also go to DQ, since you have the UPH this is an option for you that not all have and it should not be too crowded. I think your children (and maybe even hubby) might like DQ. You have a plethora of options, whatever you decide you shouldn't be dissapointed! Good luck.

Question on DQ - I also have the uhp, and staying 7 days, I had written off DQ, told DD 7 we were not going there, we went when she was 4 and they had a DQ in Chicago... but I've forgotten...

There is an admission Charge + each game/virtual ride also cost? How much?

TIA

Forget the pool---you have UPH's and are next door to BB! I'd go there for the afternoon, and if you are very adventurous, I'd go to a park that night to enjoy the enjoy the fireworks/show.

I agree with the comment about the MK being the beginning and ending place for my vacations. How about viewing Wishes and the Goodnight Kiss?

That will be a full first day!

Originally posted by eeyore45
Question on DQ - I also have the uhp, and staying 7 days, I had written off DQ, told DD 7 we were not going there, we went when she was 4 and they had a DQ in Chicago... but I've forgotten...

There is an admission Charge + each game/virtual ride also cost? How much?

TIA

"You pay one price for access to DQ for the entire day, and you are free to leave and return." This is a quote from the description of DQ on these boards. I've never been, but this trip in Sept. we plan to go because we took the UPH. DQ admission is included in the UPH. HTH :wave:

We're planning to go to EPCOT our arrival day, it will be later in the afternoon by the time we get there though. I thought dinner at the Garden Grill and a walk partway through the WS was a great way to start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter