Where to go if it storms while in DC?

PrincessP

DIS Veteran
I know you can just keep swimming if it is raining. However, if there is thunder or lightning, where do you take cover? Is that a time it's better to have a cabana? If no cabana, then where do you go when they evacuate the water areas?

Thanks!:)

I have never been there when it stormed before so I am lucky but I would assume they would have you go to the shop, restaurant or the main lobby if it was bad. There are places with shelter. fingers crossed it don't storm for you.

When the thunder rolled in, we took shelter by some lockers, with A LOT of other people. When there was a break in the rain, I headed back to the cabana. Then the thunder picked up again, and we were advised we should not stay in the cabana because it is framed in metal. It was pouring, so I stayed right where I was. Truth is, there aren't that many places to go. I was glad I was in the cabana. My advice: if you have a cabana don't leave.

Thank you. I hope we have a clear day, too! A little over a week away! I just wanted to have a game plan just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter