Where to go? 2-3 hour drive from WDW?

rozilla

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We are leaving tonight for our much loved CBR. After 4 days at WDW, we want to head south for some beach time. Any recommendations? We are going to priceline a hotel.

Requirements: Nice beach, family friendly, no more then a 3 hour drive.

Thanks!

Rose

I would head over to the Gulf coast. Either Clearwater Beach or St. Petersburg Beach are very family friendly, and either will be about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Disney. There are also a lot of smaller communities in between those two, along the coast, that are nice as well, such as Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, North Redington Beach, Madeira Beach, and Treasure Island. The smaller communities will be quieter and more peaceful, while the two larger communities will have more shops and restaurants. There is a very nice Marriott and a very nice Sheraton, both on Sand Key, which is just south of Clearwater Beach. We usually stay at the Marriott when we go because it's an all suite hotel, but it's on the opposite side of the street from the beach. The Sheraton is right on the beach.

St. Pete is beautiful - highly recommend it. We went for a day on our Honeymoon back in 91 but never find the time to do a beach day when we go to Florida. My kids are more the Park type then the beach type. Have fun!

Sanibel Island gets my vote its family friendly and a BEAUTIFUL beach very low key I highly recommend it:goodvibes

Sue

Love the St Pete Beach area. Lots of hotels to choose from that are right on the beach. Clean and afordable. The sunsets are beautiful. Have stayed in the st pete / treasure island area twice with three kids and had a great time on both trips.

Its about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from wdw

Make sure you don't hit Ft. Myers Beach or Sanibel area late Feb. and March -lots of traffic from spring breakers!!
I'd try Naples if you are looking for a beautiful low-key beach area. Beach front can be pricey, but not far are all the major chains - Hampton, Choice, Embassy etc. Worth it!

Probably won't find it on Priceline, but Disney's Vero Beach Resort is on the east coast, about 2 hours from WDW.

I'll go for St. Petersburg Beach, nice beach and family friendly. Looking forward in hearing more from you about your trip.

Have a nice day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter