where to get word

whatname

Mouseketeer
Santa brought both DDs toshiba laptops. They don't have Microsoft word or any word processor on them. What would be the best/cheapest way to get this? Thanks!

If its a new laptop does it have windows 8, if so you can use notepad I haven't used it but it seems to work like word.

If you work for a large company, check with your employer. Many will provide you with a Microsoft Office bundle for a very low price.

A good way to go if you have multiple people needing Microsoft word.

Top features

1 year subscription includes the latest full Microsoft Office applications1
Share your subscription with up to four members of your household4
Office on 5 PCs or Macs plus five iPads or Windows tablets3
Easily access your docs with Office Mobile apps for iPhones, Android, and Windows phones
1TB OneDrive storage per user, for up to 5 users
Call phones in over 60 countries with 60 minutes of Skype calls per month2

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Office-365-Home/productID.286395000

I would really shy away from MS 365 -- but that is just me. I don't like that whole subscription thing -- but a lot of "consumer advocates" in the media seem to agree with me.

There is no gold standard here. There are the usual bit torrent solutions, which are patently illegal, but seem to work for those who have the guts.

There was good outfit in Utah that offered discount Word etal, but they went out of business a year or so ago.

A google search will find you a few O.K. discount options, but they don't save you much. There will also be a few other options that save you a fair amount that sort of fall into the gray area....

I am not going to recommend any on a public forum, but if you want to go cheap, you can find them.

If you want rockk-solid 100 percent you will not run into any issues, you have to pony up the bucks to MS, unless you want to take the Open Office options as suggested already. That would be me route, if I were you, but, seriously, most "average Americans" will not want to make the effort.

So, get ready to write that check to MS>>>>But, if you do, I would suggest looking hard at other options before going for 365.

I would really shy away from MS 365 -- but that is just me. I don't like that whole subscription thing -- but a lot of "consumer advocates" in the media seem to agree with me.

There is no gold standard here. There are the usual bit torrent solutions, which are patently illegal, but seem to work for those who have the guts.

There was good outfit in Utah that offered discount Word etal, but they went out of business a year or so ago.

A google search will find you a few O.K. discount options, but they don't save you much. There will also be a few other options that save you a fair amount that sort of fall into the gray area....

I am not going to recommend any on a public forum, but if you want to go cheap, you can find them.

If you want rockk-solid 100 percent you will not run into any issues, you have to pony up the bucks to MS, unless you want to take the Open Office options as suggested already. That would be me route, if I were you, but, seriously, most "average Americans" will not want to make the effort.

So, get ready to write that check to MS>>>>But, if you do, I would suggest looking hard at other options before going for 365.
If the OPs DD is in college, then 365 University edition may be an option. It is a subscription but you get 4 years for $80, so not much different than a software license you need to upgrade every 4 years or so. -- Suzanne

Thanks for the replies. We found out that dh can get it for cheap from a deal at his work. We didn't know until you suggested we check. I will keep this open office in mind. It looks interesting.
Thanks for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter