Where to get nonDisney travel insurance?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the forum to post this or not, but where is the best place to get travel insurance? My DH and I are thinking about renting DVC points, but there is a lot of risk with doing that - especially when we will book 11 months out to get a good resort. It is really hard to put up all that money when we aren't 100% sure where we will be in a year. If you book with Disney, then there is always the possibility to cancel and not lose anything. Is there any insurance that would give money back for any reason for cancelling? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

We always use Travel Guard (travelguard.com). It's usually in the $60-$80 range for full coverage on the Gold plan. We've never needed it, but it's nice to know it's there!

I have a travel VISA card that includes not only points for my frequent flyer plan but includes a very good and comprehensive travel insurance plan as long as at least 70% of the trip was paid for with the card. :)

I'm not sure if this is the forum to post this or not, but where is the best place to get travel insurance? My DH and I are thinking about renting DVC points, but there is a lot of risk with doing that - especially when we will book 11 months out to get a good resort. It is really hard to put up all that money when we aren't 100% sure where we will be in a year. If you book with Disney, then there is always the possibility to cancel and not lose anything. Is there any insurance that would give money back for any reason for cancelling? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Insuremytrip.com allows you to enter information about your vacation and then review a variety of different plans from a number of providers. Historically TravelGuard has been the best option for us but there now is at least one new provider that offers better coverage for us at a lower cost.

Another vote for InsureMyTrip.com. Tell them what kind of coverage you want, and they will find the best policy for you. We have used them for years and always been happy. Plus, the cost increase per year is a minimal one.

Travel guard is excellent! I was assaulted last year by my ex husband and travel guard reimbursed by trip with little detail needed. I was scheduled for international travel the week of the assault and had to cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter