Where to get my AP activated

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi All

We are going in January and will be buying our AP passes at our local Dsiney store end of December to guard against prices going up.

We have AP rates at WL, where do I need to go to trade my voucher in for a real AP pass to check in. Will they let me check in with the voucher then return later with the real pass?

Is there anywhere in DTD to trade voucher for pass?

Thanks can't wait to go

Dave

You only need your voucher to check in! When you go to your first park, you will then exchange the voucher for your AP.

No need to make a special trip before check-in!:wave2:

You can also exchange the vouchers for activated passes at DTD. We're planning to do that our first night in. That way you can relax after you get there (dinner, shopping, etc.) and take care of the vouchers when it's not early in the morning with huge lines at the parks, etc. I found out the DTD guest relations area (and the stores!) are open until 11PM, so even if you arrive fairly late, there is still probably time to get it done.

As a matter of fact... I'll be doing that tomorrow night! Whee! :teeth:

Thanks All

So I can check in and go to my room with just a voucher? From what I have been told I would not be able to get to my room until I had the real pass.

Thanks Dave

And Laralyn Have a great trip, 71 more days for me...

Absolutely! I only had my voucher when we arrived on Memorial Day (I had the same worries as you). They did not ask to see it. I have read some posts where the CM does actually ask to see it. I exchanged my voucher the next morning when we arrived at Epcot. No big deal. We did not encounter any long lines either!

Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've never been asked to show our AP (or the voucher) when we check in. I've read many times and been told by CM's that the voucher is all you need to check in and you just return to the desk after exchanging it for the actual AP to prove you did it.

Of course, having never been asked to show the AP or voucher, I can't "vouch" for any of this!

Thanks All

We should be checking in by 12:30 or so then once we get to the room off to the MK for some fun so I will change them then. Spectromagic is playing the first night there so I want to take advantage of it.

Thanks again

Originally posted by Laralyn
You can also exchange the vouchers for activated passes at DTD. We're planning to do that our first night in. That way you can relax after you get there (dinner, shopping, etc.) and take care of the vouchers when it's not early in the morning with huge lines at the parks, etc. I found out the DTD guest relations area (and the stores!) are open until 11PM, so even if you arrive fairly late, there is still probably time to get it done.

As a matter of fact... I'll be doing that tomorrow night! Whee! :teeth:
We'll be activating our APs tomorrow night too, but at the International Gateway, on the way to dinner.

For those valuable vouchers, be sure to take copies of them before you leave home, so that you have proof you had some if you should ever lose them. This is good advice with any ticket media, but especially with those pricy AP vouchers. IN the unfortunate case that you should lose your voucher, you will have the copy to show to the CMs so they can cancel the old ones and reissue you activated passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter