Where To Get Lobster at WDW?

I heard somewhere that Disney cut down the number of places serving lobster due to the sustainability of lobster that is was being overfished? Don’t know if that’s true but I remember reading or hearing it somewhere

Had the lobster addition at Flying Fish recently: it was outstanding. Legit some of the best lobster I've had and I have high standards living near the Pacific. Was a bit of a bargain too at its price though it's not very big so if you add it to your meal, I suggest getting your own.

Agree with all recommendations for Boathouse. While the lobster roll on the menu is Maine style, upon request they will do one Connecticut-style (hot with butter).

I heard somewhere that Disney cut down the number of places serving lobster due to the sustainability of lobster that is was being overfished? Don’t know if that’s true but I remember reading or hearing it somewhere
I could definitely see someone in PR saying something along those lines, but I think the reality is, with most things in Disney these days, they can serve a less costly product (shrimp in most cases) and charge us the same price. That seems to be the trend in Disney food these days unfortunately.

I'll keep this in mind but I live in Massachusetts and have one of the greatest lobster rolls in New England down the street from me so I have high standards!!
I'm going to say you are going to be disappointed. No way will it stand up to the "real thing"
Us in the fly over country areas find it perfectly acceptable but it ain't like we can get any thing much better locally, LOL

I will say, do not try the one at Hurricane Hannah's at Storm A Long Bay. It was awful. Though now that I think on it, theirs may be labeled seafood sandwich, not lobster roll. Whatever it was, I threw it out.

I'm going to say you are going to be disappointed. No way will it stand up to the "real thing"
Us in the fly over country areas find it perfectly acceptable but it ain't like we can get any thing much better locally, LOL
That's true of just about every food item at WDW.

That's true of just about every food item at WDW.
I don't know if I would go that far but certain regional specialties, yes. We are spoiled here in New England with the availability of very fresh seafood, especially lobster. So most attempts at replicating that in other areas will fall short.
I have had some fantastic meals at the World however.

Disney Food blog wrote about this sometime last year, I remember it too. I believe they wrote it more speculative, I don't think Disney actually made any statements to that regards, but it is believable. Then again, so is cost cutting, LOL.

Agree with all recommendations for Boathouse. While the lobster roll on the menu is Maine style, upon request they will do one Connecticut-style (hot with butter).
I’m so from Illinois. Didn’t even know there were 2 different kinds. What’s the difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter