Where to get a sub?

Just_Trish

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We will be going down to WDW for the Villains Unleashed event and will have my elderly mother with us. She wants to stay in the room while we go to HS because it will wear on her riding all day. She asked if there is someplace I can get her a cold sub (like a Subway sandwich) and leave it in the fridge in the room so she will have dinner when she is ready to eat.

I have to admit, I've never looked for a cold sandwich at Disney so had no idea! Do the Hess stations have Subways inside, or maybe is there one near DTD? Thought about Earl of Sandwich but can't bear the thought of the parking mess right now just to grab a sandwich! :goodvibes

Thanks!

What about the Boardwalk Bakery - They have some sandwiches there, but I wouldn't call them "subs" by any means. Thats all I can think of other than EOS. :)

I see in the OP's sig that they are staying at Pop Century. The food court there has a "grab n go" section that should have something to fit the bill.

Earl of Sandwich serves something pretty close to a sub. Lots of delicious choices too.

Cold sandwiches aren't that hard to find, but I don't think I've ever seen sub's. Will your mother go to DHS during the day and then return to Pop? If so, she could pick up a sandwich from Starring Rolls on her way out of the park. Or as a PP mentioned, there should be premade sandwiches in the grab and go at the resort. Is she too frail to make it to Pop's food court on her own?

There is a quizno's inside the hess at downtown disney as well as the one by magic kingdom. POP also has pizza delivery, as well as a food court.

Just wondering, where is the closest actual "Subway" to Disney?
I guess that would be from the Epcot area.

Cold sandwiches aren't that hard to find, but I don't think I've ever seen sub's. Will your mother go to DHS during the day and then return to Pop? If so, she could pick up a sandwich from Starring Rolls on her way out of the park. Or as a PP mentioned, there should be premade sandwiches in the grab and go at the resort. Is she too frail to make it to Pop's food court on her own?

Yes, she is too frail to go down there by herself. We are driving down and heading straight to the party after we get her settled and get her dinner. We offered, but she does not want to go to the party, just wants to rest in the room. Pretty much the only reason she is coming is because she doesn't like to stay alone at night! Everyone who normally stays with her when I can't will be out of town that weekend as well! Before we head home the next day we will take her to DTD and for her favorite meal at Wolfgang Pucks! :thumbsup2

Ahh! Quiznos at the Hess! THANK YOU! Just the answer I was looking for! :)

There's no Subway near parks...thankfully lol.
There is a Quizzno's in the Hess, which would be the only actual 'sub' (hoagie up here in Philly lol), is all that I've ever read about.

There's a WaWa down the street from Disney on 535 near the Walmart,I think they make pretty good subs.

There's a WaWa down the street from Disney on 535 near the Walmart,I think they make pretty good subs.

Ah! I forgot Wawa invaded Florida recently! We're Wawa addicts up here in Jersey/Pennsylvania lol.

It's so conflicting, Wawa has good generic hoagies, but then when you go into NYC/Philadelphia, it's like what's this slop I've been eating from Wawa?

Wawa :worship::worship::worship:

OP: Your best bet might be to stop by Publix supermarket on your way (you mentioned you are driving, right?) and pick up a sub from there. They have a variety of subs and wrap sandwiches.

OP: Your best bet might be to stop by Publix supermarket on your way (you mentioned you are driving, right?) and pick up a sub from there. They have a variety of subs and wrap sandwiches.

OMG, thank you! That's a great idea! We have Publix here in ATL and get their subs....didn't even occur to me! :lmao:

I was going to suggest publix as well. The bomb! You can ask them to put any condiments on the side so it doesn't get too soggy

Just out of curiosity, does that Walmart have a Subway inside? I know all the Walmarts where I live have a Subway restaurant inside.

Also Flippers pizza has good subs as does UNOS and there is a quiznos in goodings plaza too next to Buffalo Wild Wings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter