Where to get a good steak??

The best steak I have ever had in my life (seriously!) was at Le Cellier. We ate there twice this past trip.

michelle1 said:
The best steak I have ever had in my life (seriously!) was at Le Cellier. We ate there twice this past trip.
And it is on the DDPlan?

On our last trip the best filet mignon I had was at Wolfgang Puck's cafe. It is on the DDP. It was perfectly cooked and so tender. It came with mashed potatoes and onion straws.

I have to second the filet mignon at WPC. It is the best steak I have ever had. It was cooked perfectly and very tender. The sauce was very yummy-I could have licked the plate-but I didn't. It is on the DDP.

My hubby is a steak lover and since we've eaten practically everywhere on WDW property, these are his top 3:

Le Cellier
Kona Cafe
Wolfgang Puck Cafe

Le Cellier and Kona are extremely popular now as everyone else is discovering our secret :) Wolfgang is popular, but it is usually easier for us to get ressies here than the other two. All 3 of these restaurants participate in the DP.

Good luck and happy eating, Tiger :)

Shula's is not on the Dining Plan, but serves the best steaks I've ever tasted at WDW. Well worth the trip.

Yachtsman Steakhouse (2TS on the Dining Plan) also has great steaks. Many of the other signature restaurants also serve great steaks.

In the 1TS range, I can only recommend Concourse Steakhouse. A good, but not great steak; a dining experience only seriously marred by the noise wafting in from Chef Mickey's.

I've had two disappointing experiences at Le Cellier, with regard to lack of steak quality. Be forewarned.

I think Spoodle's steak was better than Concourse Steakhouse's.

That's good to know. We're going to Spoodles in February with guests, and despite perhaps a dozen visits there over the years, we've never tried the steak there (because we love the more authentic Mediterranean offerings more).

bicker said:
I've had two disappointing experiences at Le Cellier, with regard to lack of steak quality. Be forewarned.
Bicker is right ... While I loved my filet at Le Cellier, DH's New York Strip was very tough and gristly; he didn't enjoy it at all.

bicker said:
That's good to know. We're going to Spoodles in February with guests, and despite perhaps a dozen visits there over the years, we've never tried the steak there (because we love the more authentic Mediterranean offerings more).

My son, who is NOT a steak lover, ordered the NY strip and loved it. He allowed me a couple of bites and it was awesome.

My DH had the "filet trifecta" this past week...3 filets, 3 nights in a row.

California Grill - 2 TS - WONDERFUL as always.

Jiko - 2 TS - Again, amazing...and served with a gourmet "mac and cheese"...nice change from potatoes (I had the chicken that night...but I've had the filet in the past) I would say that this is my favorite "filet" on site

Le Cellier - 1 TS - Our first time here...mine was a bit overcooked, but still very good...and the potatoes served with this were my favorite of all!

We also had some Prime Rib at The Grand Floridian Cafe (1 TS) this was also very good...but of course, on the fatty side.

We are truly steak lovers. Here're our favorite steaks ... (in order)

2 TS credits -

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flying Fish
Jiko
Artist Point

1 credit -

Spoodles
Kona Cafe
LeCellier

I would recommend Spoodles over LeCellier any day for a one TS restaurant. All the food is just wonderful. The service is friendly and the atmosphere much better. At LeCellier, the tables are way too close together to be comfortable.

BF and I both love steak and ate at Concourse on our last trip. I think some of the posters have underrated it. It is a little noisy while waiting around outside for a table, but once seated inside, it is quiet and fun to watch the monorail go by. Our waitress was wonderful and reccomended a great wine. Salads were very fresh and steaks were cooked perfectly. We thought the prices were reasonable too compared to some of the other WDW restaurants.

NOLAminnie said:
BF and I both love steak and ate at Concourse on our last trip. I think some of the posters have underrated it. It is a little noisy while waiting around outside for a table, but once seated inside, it is quiet and fun to watch the monorail go by. Our waitress was wonderful and reccomended a great wine. Salads were very fresh and steaks were cooked perfectly. We thought the prices were reasonable too compared to some of the other WDW restaurants.
Thanks for the info ... now I feel better about the ADR we have for Concourse in January!

Our favorites for 2 credits are Yachtamsn Steakhouse(filet or prime rib) and CA Grill (filet) and for 1 credit Wolfgang Puck's (filet) and Kona Cafe (beef terryaki, filet, or prime rib)

My husband loved the steaks at LeCellier and Narcoosee's (which was 2 points on the Free Dining)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter