• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to find a "man breakfast" at a park QS?

Sunday

Mouseketeer
The husband is one of those annoying types who doesn't like sweet stuff or carb heavy items for breakfast. Crazy right? Even if we have an in-room breakfast before we leave for the park, the poor delicate flower gets so hungry by the time we are in our first hour of touring that he is insufferably cranky.

Does anyone know of a decent, protein based breakfast item or snack in each of the parks? I heard rumour of a breakfast sandwich but it has been illusive (except for the one at Starbucks, which he proclaimed "just alright").

The husband is one of those annoying types who doesn't like sweet stuff or carb heavy items for breakfast. Crazy right? Even if we have an in-room breakfast before we leave for the park, the poor delicate flower gets so hungry by the time we are in our first hour of touring that he is insufferably cranky.

Does anyone know of a decent, protein based breakfast item or snack in each of the parks? I heard rumour of a breakfast sandwich but it has been illusive (except for the one at Starbucks, which he proclaimed "just alright").
If I wait all the way to entry of a theme park, I'm starving, too. You could start with a protein bar or drink to hold him over. MK has the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow and Starbucks offerings. Epcot has Sunshine Seasons very near the entrance (great place). HS -- I guess Starbucks. AK has Pizzafari not far from the entrance. Hot breakfast menu and the place is so gorgeous inside.

I don't know if you're staying at a Disney resort or not. Most of the food courts have a breakfast sandwich with eggs, protein, cheese. There's one breakfast sandwich at the moderates on a full croissant. We get one, cut it in half for 2 people. It's very filling. At Coronado Springs, I could order a breakfast sandwich on my choice of bread.

Fairfax Fare at HS has a breakfast sandwich w/egg and meat.
Pizzafari at AK has all kinds of breakfast including a platter.
Sunshine Seasons at EP also has a platter.
Sleepy Hollow at MK usually has an egg/meat waffle available. It's not on the menu, but they usually have a sign advertising it.

We usually bring protein bars just in case, but he really needs the eggs and meat. Unfortunately, he hates the bounty platter at most of the resort QS's, which leaves very little to eat that is interesting and tasty. I never knew sleepy hollow had a breakfast! Great to know.

Reminds me of my dh. Lesson learned on our first trip: must keep dh fed or trip begins to be miserable for all of us! So this trip we have TS lunches each day. He wanted them around 11:30, but several are later, so we will probably try to get him something to tide him over until 1 or so. The pork shank at Gaston's is the one item he felt was big enough last time...he would like to get one of those every day!

Following along, because he will definitely eat b'fast at the rental house, but around 10-10:30 he will need something else. And a granola bar won't cut it!

Every park will have a place that sells something akin to the bounty platter which includes sausage or bacon as well eggs. Yes it includes carbs too but I suppose he doesn't have to eat those. Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is my favorite QS for this.

Every park will have a place that sells something akin to the bounty platter which includes sausage or bacon as well eggs. Yes it includes carbs too but I suppose he doesn't have to eat those. Sunshine Seasons at Epcot is my favorite QS for this.

Where would you find that in MK and HS? I don't see it anywhere at those two parks.

Where would you find that in MK and HS? I don't see it anywhere at those two parks.

Starbuck's at both and Starring Rolls both have good breakfast sandwiches. Not as substatial as a platter, but more practical for someone just looking for the protein part of it. The sandwiches have eggs and meat.

But the carbs are unavoidable, because of the sandwich part of it NO? Whether that be on a waffle, bagel,biscuit,or croissant..

If your just going to throw that portion of it away, then what's the point?:confused3

But the carbs are unavoidable, because of the sandwich part of it NO? Whether that be on a waffle, bagel,biscuit,or croissant..

If your just going to throw that portion of it away, then what's the point?:confused3
If you look around at menus, there are more options for cheese and fruit that might only include a package of crackers or slice of bread. These would be avoidable carbs, although, possibly not to someone looking to avoid exposure to gluten.

But I don't think there is a place in MK for an American-style bacon & egg plate other than Cinderella's.

Pork shank at Gastons is a good choice. And while there is a bit of carb in the bun - BBQ Slaw Dog with Pulled Pork at Casey's is a protein rich meal. And those Waffles with Sweet & Spicy Chicken garnished with Arugula at Sleepy Hollow are fun too.

If you look around at menus, there are more options for cheese and fruit that might only include a package of crackers or slice of bread. These would be avoidable carbs, although, possibly not to someone looking to avoid exposure to gluten.

But I don't think there is a place in MK for an American-style bacon & egg plate other than Cinderella's.

Pork shank at Gastons is a good choice. And while there is a bit of carb in the bun - BBQ Slaw Dog with Pulled Pork at Casey's is a protein rich meal. And those Waffles with Sweet & Spicy Chicken garnished with Arugula at Sleepy Hollow are fun too.

I know there are other options, such as what you typed. fruits and crackers and stuff.... I was simply just stating that with all the sandwich recommendations that it was unavoidable with the outer layer of the sandwich.

Besides that, others stated the pork shank and hot dogs....?:confused3 I'm confused...Are those on the breakfast menu?

Starbuck's at both and Starring Rolls both have good breakfast sandwiches. Not as substatial as a platter, but more practical for someone just looking for the protein part of it. The sandwiches have eggs and meat.

I knew about the sandwiches. I was wondering about the platters you said were available at all four parks. Thanks for clarifying!

Do you guys stay onsite? My DH is the same way (and so am I, actually) so if we don't get our protein in the AM we're at each other's throats...so we eat at our hotel before we go almost every AM. If we have an ADR for breakfast, we split a protein bar or banana before we go.

I knew about the sandwiches. I was wondering about the platters you said were available at all four parks. Thanks for clarifying!

I guess I worded it wrong. My point was eggs/meat type protein breakfasts are available in all 4 parks.

I am the same way - cannot do the sweet carb loaded crap in the AM. Has to be protein based.

I like peanut butter on anything, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, peanuts, etc. All stuff you can order/have in your room. After I lay that initial foundation, I can do something at my next hunger pain that isn't as healthy.

Besides that, others stated the pork shank and hot dogs....?:confused3 I'm confused...Are those on the breakfast menu?

I believe the OP was looking for what amounted to a second breakfast snack.

According to Disney info., the Pork shank is on the menu all day at Gaston's and this place opens with the Park. Sleepy Hollow's Ham & Cheese Omelet Waffle Sandwich also start when Park opens. Casey's is not available until 11am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter