Where to eat?

Jenniecamp86

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! We are making our trip in mid-July and I'm looking for ideas on a place to have dinner on our first night at Disney that is not located in the parks, has great food, and is 3 year old friendly. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express (in the market place). It's the best counter service in all of Disney (IMHO), so you don't have to worry about making a reservation. Plus it's one of the more expensive counter service options, so it's very good value when you are on the dining plan. We always go to DTD on our first night and eat at WPE. It is so very yummy and kid friendly!

Try O'hana at the poly or one of the boardwalk restaurants, it will be a fun excursion for your first night there with the disney feel and theming.

Where are you staying? Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk areas are fun at night, and kid friendly, Downtown Disney a little more 3 year old friendly!

We tried Whispering Canyon at WL in Feb for the 1st time and it may have been our best meal of the trip. Our 3yo daughter loved it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far! We ate at Wolfgang Puck Express last time we visited and loved it so much that we went back twice in the same week! We had planned on going to DTD that first night, but are not opposed to visiting a resort for dinner before walking around. We will be staying at CBR and I'm trying to figure out a place to book our last ADR.

As long as DS isnt scared of loud noises. RFC or Trex. Good food great theme. While I love the BW area. Great food and drinks. It isnt easy to get back to resort unless you take a cab. DTD is much easier. IMO that is a huge part of where I would go! Paradiso is another one of our favs. Have a great trip!!

We try to do a Chef Mickey's on our first night. Kind of loud and crazy, with average food, but the kids LOVE it and get to see the characters before they even enter the park. (so if by chance you miss a character in the parks....you're still set!)
We also love 'Ohana and Cape May. So many options and so little time! :)

Wolfgang puck is not bad in DTD. Also you could try eating at the new Splitsville bowling alley. They have spots to get a drink, have fun and just sit and relax. They even have a little bar on the outside that they allow kids to sit at, and serve food there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter