Where to eat solo?

Just got back from trip with my daughter but she developed an ear infection and sore throat and was out of comission in the room for a few nights, so I just went out by myself. i ate at the bar at Portobello one night and at a small table at Shula's bar :cool1:the next night. Any place in the Swan or Dolphin is good as they have lots of business travelers and solo diners are very common. I drove over to the Wave in CR one day for lunch and that was excellent, too. Just go out and have fun. Don't even think about being by yourself. If you are a friendly person and are willing to talk to people you will never feel alone.

Having just come back from my first solo trip I ate at a few restaurants solo (some I ate with friends).

Here's where I ate solo:

Rose & Crown (lunch) - attentive service, put me on a little 2 top table on the patio, felt very comfortable here.

Flying Fish Cafe (ate twice here solo!) - both times at the Chef's counter, first time had a great group of people next to me who talked for ages, we all had a great night, also had a great server.

Second time I didn't have anyone next to me but still felt very comfortable, waiter from my first visit came up and talked, I took a book with me both times but never read it, even when I didn't have any 'neighbours' to talk to I was so engrossed with watching the chefs work that I was fully entertained.

Cap'n Jacks (lunch) - nice restaurant, sat at another 2 top table right next to the window so had a great view of DTD, attentive service and a very enjoyable lunch.

Tokyo Dining (lunch) - although I was actually with a Dis buddy for this meal I noticed quite a few solo diners so would have no hesitation in coming here solo.

A restaurant that I wanted to try was Jiko but I never got there due to my loving the Flying Fish so much, Jiko has a chef's counter too so I'd be very happy eating there.

Since you're on your own...eat anywhere you please! That's one of the joys of going solo. :thumbsup2

I know a PP said Biergarten and I agree. They have big table and put multiple parties together so, it may or may not be social.

Also Teppon Edo is like this too.

I don't know that you could just walk in. The reservation system isn't seatting people at random. It knows if the table seats 10 that it should combine a group of 5 and 5 or 3 3 and 4. It won't put a 5 and 4 together unless their is no other possibility at that time.

I find that going to CS locations at either the 'Typical' beginning or end of a meal time works great to allow for finding a place to sit.

I recommend any place that has entertainment, a bar setting or group tables. In Epcot, Teppon Edo is a good choice because you're sitting around the chef and they put a show on while cooking the food, it's a fun, friendly atmosphere. It's also sometimes easier to get reservations there solo. The Rose and Crown can also be nice because it's a cozy atmosphere, you can get a table indoors or out, or you can sit at the bar, which makes for great people watching. The Chefs de France is also great for lunch, especially if they seat you in the glass area looking outside. There are always people and sometimes street entertainers right outside the window. In Hollywood Studios, there are a few choices, the food at Brown Derby is great and the atmosphere is upscale but comfortable, suitable for a table for one. In the Animal Kingdom there's the Rainforest Cafe right outside the entrance, which has a huge bar area with stools that look like the backsides of animals, there are TVs, tons of atmosphere and great people watching. At the Magic Kingdom nothing really stands out, they're all family oriented but totally fine for the solo traveler. Downtown Disney has tons of great options, most have bars, tons of atmosphere, great people watching, and some have live music. In particular I would recommend the bar at the T-Rex, Wolfgang Puk, or Ranglan Road, which has Irish dancers every 30 minutes or so.

I just returned last week from a wonderful solo trip. It was my first trip touring and dining alone. (A completely different experience than with my three little ones!) I ate at Mama Melrose, Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, Kona's, and Wolfgang Puck's. I enjoyed all of my meals. I especially enjoyed eating outside at Tutto's and Wolfgang Puck's to people watch. I requested a seat by the window at Chef's and enjoyed the scenery and more people watching there as well. I would recommend dining anywhere that would appeal to you. I never once felt out of place or awkward dining alone. I brought a book to the restaurants, but never really read it as I was having too much fun people watching and enjoying the ambiance. Have fun! I am already dreaming about another solo trip... :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter