• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat on specific park days?

smampate

Mouseketeer
I would like some help with dinner ADR's. We want to eat at Chef Mickey's, Boma and O'hana for dinner and I was wondering if these were easier to get transported at on park as opposed to another. Obviously Chef Mickey's is GREAT for our MK day. Also, is there a better time to go to these places? We've never eaten at the others and wanted to try something new. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup2

Just to throw out a suggestion for an Epcot day...Coral Reef, it's one of my fav's!. Boma on a AK day and Ohana on another MK day, that is if you go to MK twice. Chef Mickey is tough to get so make your reservation as soon as you can.

We did Boma on our AK day last trip...although we wound up going back to our hotel for a rest before dinner. We were at WL that trip, so we took a bus to MK and another to AKL (same process on the way back). With 'Ohana, last trip we planned it for an MK day. Our most recent trip...we did everything we wanted to do for the day at DHS and just went back to the hotel to rest. We were on the monorail loop, so we were able to just get to the Poly that way...otherwise, we would have taken a bus to MK and chosen monorail or boat launch to the Poly for 'Ohana.

As you mentioned Chef Mickey's (and Ohana) will both be easier on your MK days. Personally, we like the first dinner ressie at 5pm before the restaurants get packed and backed up. Also at Chef Mickey's we got to see the characters right away and then enjoyed our meal, then saw them again right before we left!!! It was awesome. All good choices of restaurants by the way!!!

As for Boma, it is kind of hard to get to without a car as AK usually closes a little earlier. We just drive when we eat at AKL. We have ate at both Boma and Saana and both are amazing. I really liked to food at Saana but my dh and kids did not care for it as much. When we ate at Boma our ADR was at 645 (Thursday night) and we had to wait an hour. It was crazy busy but the food was great! They have this pineapple cheesecake dessert thing that is to die for!!!! If we go again, I will make the ADR for earlier or later as it was just too busy at that time.

Enjoy your meals!

'Ohana is our traditional first night dinner when we arrive, so it usually doesn't coincide with a park visit, but if you wanted to do that your obvious choice is Magic Kingdom, with the Poly being on the monorail.

Chef Mickey's is our traditional first morning breakfast (are you sensing a theme here, haha) that we do before heading over to the MK...which is ALWAYS our first-day park as dictated by our kids. However since you want to do dinner there then it is another obvious MK day choice.

We have done both breakfast and dinner at Boma, and honestly we usually schedule it on our off day from the parks. However it is closest to AK.

While CM and Ohana are easiest on an MK day due to the monorail, really it's not that bad to go from any park to any resort for dinner and then back to a park. It's harder/longer to go from one resort to another resort, because you have to go first to a park or DTD, then change to a different bus/boat/whatever to go to the second resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter