Where to eat near AK lodge?

fredms

Love my nieces and nephews!
Staying with my nieces and nephews ages 6,4, infant at the AK lodge. On the date we arrive we won't have access to the parks. Whee should we eat dinner? Boma? Rainforest Cafe? Any other ideas? Thanks.

We really like Boma. I'd definitely take advantage of eating at Boma since you're staying at AKL. My girls always want to explore the resort when we arrive our first day, and eating at the resort would free up some more time to explore the resort and its amenities easier. Plus, Boma is a favorite of ours.

Staying with my nieces and nephews ages 6,4, infant at the AK lodge. On the date we arrive we won't have access to the parks. Whee should we eat dinner? Boma? Rainforest Cafe? Any other ideas? Thanks.

I did BOMA both times on my first day arrival at AKL. That's my recommendation, too.

Enjoy! AKL is my favorite resort of any I've stayed in WDW.

Here's a third vote for Boma. On our last two trips with our Grandboys and family we stayed at AKL (Kidani) and had dinner. At Boma the first night. Everyone loved it, especially the soups!

We LOVE Sanaa at the AK Lodge. We're actually going back there for dinner next weekend!

You really can't go wrong with any of the restaurants at AKL, in my opinion. Boma and Sanaa are excellent, Jiko is amazing, and even the Mara quick service is pretty darn good.

What time do you arrive? It is often best to not make an ADR too close to arrival time especially since they charge you for being a no show. On arrival day we usually just hit The Mara and the pool and stay low key.

AGREE WITH lucyem:

AKL's counter service place is also absolutely fine! Grab some food from the Mara and go sit by the pool and eat. The kids can swim, or look at the animals. Get to know the resort a bit. Then early to bed for your first full day at the parks.

Another vote for Boma. Boma is a favorite of ours and is a must do for us every trip. Since you won't be going to a park, you can check in and explore the resort before going to dinner, and then do more exploring after dinner. Have a great trip. AKL is a beautiful resort with a lot to see.

Add another for Boma. Great selections and of course, they have a section for kids if they do not care for the African cuisine. Try and go when they have rib night. They are delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter