Where to eat in EPCOT?

Peace Mickey Lovers

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning a night out without the kids and we are going to go to EPCOT for dinner and the fireworks( my little one is scared to death of fireworks)
Anyway we are thinking of eating somewhere in the countries, looking for some romance.
Any ideas???
Thanks
Lisa

I really enjoy San Angel Inn at Mexico.. the atomsphere is excellent. Restaurant Makkarsh in Morocco is enjoyable as well.

The San Angel Inn is a lovely setting.....very romantic, and Marakesh is just so exotic, it can't help but be romantic! WE prefer the food at the latter.....

Just wanling around Epcot at night without kids will add a bit of Romance....have fun!

Amee

We love Chefs de France (pretty romantic) and Le Cellier...a great meal but not too romantic.....both are our top choices :)

Bistro de Paris- it's upstairs from Chefs de France, quiet, more upscale, tres romantique. Much more attentive service, as well. It was hard to believe that this was a theme park restaurant!

TrickyFish said:
I really enjoy San Angel Inn at Mexico.. the atomsphere is excellent. Restaurant Makkarsh in Morocco is enjoyable as well.

Can you see the Fireworks from these restaurants? Do they have PS? I am asking because I have a PS at the Rose & Crown. I heard that you can see the fireworks from there but I want a REALLY GOOD :goodvibes view. San Angel sounds real nice...

No fireworks view from either Marrakesh or San Angel. PS are available at all Disney sit-down restaurants.

You know that a PS at R&C doesn't guarantee you a fireworks view, right? You might want to post a question asking for advice on how to get one of the tables that has that view. I understand it to be pretty difficult.

No fireworks view from either Marrakesh or San Angel. PS are available at all Disney sit-down restaurants.

You know that a PS at R&C doesn't guarantee you a fireworks view, right? You might want to post a question asking for advice on how to get one of the tables that has that view. I understand it to be pretty difficult.

It is difficult if you don't get to the rest. around two hours before the fireworks. A lot of people wait around way after their meal is over to watch the fireworks also, we've eaten there twice and the food is not that great and it's not the most romantic place. You could always try and book an Illuminations cruise, that would be very romantic. But I think R&C is the only rest. to see the fireworks from. Good luck! Either way I'm sure it'll be romantic! ;)

I wouldn't my plans to see the fireworks at R&C. Last time we went they everyone that patio seating isn't guaranteed to anyone. The guy in front of us told the girl he would open for one to open up (he had a PS) and the girl told him if he gave up the table they offer him then he would be put on the walk-in list.

We went to Bistro which is very romantic and has great food. There are windows and tables next to the windows but I'm not sure how good the view is. We ate early and then found a good spot to watch the fireworks.

no I didn't know that. The PS is for 7:15 pm. I have every intention of getting there by 6:45. I told them it was our anniversary(the truth :) ) and that we were very excited. Should I do more? Let me know. I JUST found out about PS and thought that it would work to my advantage. Now I'm finding out that it might not... :guilty:

I wouldn't try to do a meal with a view of the fireworks, personally, as the view is wonderful anywhere around the water and there isn't much need. It's such a pain to make a PS, then if you don't get a seat facing the water (which is very very difficult to get, btw) you have to rush through dinner to get out and find a good spot, or miss it completely. There are very few Epcot restaurants wtih a view, and seats are SO very limited, you will be competing with literally hundreds of other people wanting those few seats, too.

My fave Epcot restaurant is Marrakesh - the food is great, the atmosphere is relaxed and romantic, and they have a belly dancer! San Angel is very romantic, though I don't care for the food.

Good luck!

Grand2me said:
no I didn't know that. The PS is for 7:15 pm. I have every intention of getting there by 6:45. I told them it was our anniversary(the truth :) ) and that we were very excited. Should I do more? Let me know. I JUST found out about PS and thought that it would work to my advantage. Now I'm finding out that it might not... :guilty:

Honestly, I don't think there's much you can do except roll the dice. It used to be that the CMs at R&C would accomodate people who specially requested seating with a view, but I think it became so popular that there were just too many such requests to do it anymore. This isn't personal experience, but I've read lots of posts from people saying that the CMs insisted they had to take the table that was available or lose their PS.

If you are looking to have a romantic meal and watch the fireworks-San Angel Inn is beautiful, you can ride the little boat ride, then eat in what I consider the prettiest restaurant in the entire World, and then head outside to watch the fireworks AFTER your meal. Every country provides a good view since they are all centered in a circle around the lagoon.
Enjoy your night out together!!!

The problem with the Bistro is that you may well be forced to dress up before they will allow you the "privilege" of dining there. A # of previous posts suggest they actually enforce this "code".
So if you are at Epcot in shorts, etc (as almost everyone else is) you may walk up to the Bistro and be informed that your attire isn't up to standard.

we dropped our boy last trip and went to le cellier and had a great dinner alone

I don't know how to spell it in French, but in English it's called 'The Cellar'. It's the resturant in Canada. They have the best Cheddar Cheese soup EVER!!! DH and I left kids in Hotel with Gma and Gpa while we wet to Epcot for ADR in Canada and WS.

It's our favorite Resturant. But this next vacation Canada was booked so we're eating in Mexico. We looked at the Menu online and I think the kids menu looks more appetizing. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Do you think they would let me order off the kids Menu? :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

But if not what is your favorite thing there? :confused: :confused:

I know my previous post was about Rose and Crown. Still haven't eaten there but I can do one better. We went for another anniversary trip in May 2007, CORAL REEF!!! Oh it was THE BOMB:cheer2: ! It was the first restaurant we went to after getting off the plane and checking into the hotel. We were right next to the aquarium and one of the large turtles came right up to our table and WATCHED US EAT!! I can't wait to go back next year!! My husband had steak and I had pork chops. Good Eats...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter