Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

It is done in the first post

Thank you! WOW their prices are HIGH! $5.99 for a hot dog? UGH.

Now all we need are menus for the new restaurant in Diagon Alley when it opens. :thumbsup2

the food places at citywalk that accepts the ap for the discount, usually accept gift cards.

if you discover this information is no longer valid, please correct me.

this the current listing of cw places that accept ap:

I'd like to pick you Universal Experts brains. With this current promotion https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Special-Offers/American-Express.aspx where I can get 10% off with using my AE card is there any other benefit to having a Preferred Pass? We won't have a car so parking doesn't matter. Does the AP food discount include alcohol? Does it include food carts/vendors? Please be patient, haven't been to US since 1999!:rotfl:

I booked a room at PB with the AP discount with the intent to get one PP and 4 3d p2p tickets (so my ticket price is only approx $100 more than if I would have bought 5 3ds). In addition, I was able to book a room at RP for about the same price as the AP discount was at PB. I know the rooms are bigger at PB and that is one thing making me think I should just switch. I was justifying the $100 difference with savings on food/merch but now I can get that anyway. I guess I'll just have to justify the difference for the additional 115 sq ft in the room since there will be five of us! I think I just answered my own question.

Probably stick with my plan since it only saves me $100, right? Maybe I'll swing another trip in the year! Haha! Plus that 2 for 1 domestic bottles sounds like a good perk! :rolleyes1

So anyone know is there a place to make purchases of candy and HP goodies prior to Diagon Alley opening?

So anyone know is there a place to make purchases of candy and HP goodies prior to Diagon Alley opening?

Honeydukes at Hogsmeade has a whole store full of candy and goodies. The gift store at the front of IOA also has candy and goodies.

thanks for the great information, thinking of going this summer

If you're gonna go this summer, you probably should book your room pretty soon! (Especially if you're gonna stay on site!) There are many very knowledgeable Universal veteran vacation warriors on here more than willing to share their tips! ;)

If you're gonna go this summer, you probably should book your room pretty soon! (Especially if you're gonna stay on site!) There are many very knowledgeable Universal veteran vacation warriors on here more than willing to share their tips! ;)

That made me laugh :rotfl:

I'd like to pick you Universal Experts brains. With this current promotion https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Special-Offers/American-Express.aspx where I can get 10% off with using my AE card is there any other benefit to having a Preferred Pass? We won't have a car so parking doesn't matter. Does the AP food discount include alcohol? Does it include food carts/vendors? Please be patient, haven't been to US since 1999!:rotfl:

I booked a room at PB with the AP discount with the intent to get one PP and 4 3d p2p tickets (so my ticket price is only approx $100 more than if I would have bought 5 3ds). In addition, I was able to book a room at RP for about the same price as the AP discount was at PB. I know the rooms are bigger at PB and that is one thing making me think I should just switch. I was justifying the $100 difference with savings on food/merch but now I can get that anyway. I guess I'll just have to justify the difference for the additional 115 sq ft in the room since there will be five of us! I think I just answered my own question.

Probably stick with my plan since it only saves me $100, right? Maybe I'll swing another trip in the year! Haha! Plus that 2 for 1 domestic bottles sounds like a good perk! :rolleyes1

i read the AE restrictions you posted and alcohol is (generally) not included, either are the carts.
the merchandise states a minimum requirement for the AE discount.
it goes the same way with the preferred annual pass.

the site you referred to stated something about using the mobile device for the discount.
haven't had enough coffee so i might have misinterpreted that portion.

if you go with the preferred pass, that will be better than the power pass.
power pass has blackout dates for the studios in july/august, in parts.
https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/2014-Power-Blockout-Dates.aspx

i read the AE restrictions you posted and alcohol is (generally) not included, either are the carts.
the merchandise states a minimum requirement for the AE discount.
it goes the same way with the preferred annual pass.

the site you referred to stated something about using the mobile device for the discount.
haven't had enough coffee so i might have misinterpreted that portion.

if you go with the preferred pass, that will be better than the power pass.
power pass has blackout dates for the studios in july/august, in parts.
https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/2014-Power-Blockout-Dates.aspx

The mobile device means you have to bring up this page and show it to the person ringing you out to get the 10%.
http://m.universalorlando.com/american_express

It looks like it isn't automatic just for using an American Express card.

Don't you get a 10% discount at restaurants with AAA too?

Dan

i have both.
ap and aaa cards.

i use them both for the 10% discounts.

there are some places in city walk that don't have the AAA symbol in the store front window but do accept it.
just have to ask when your merch is run up.

the only place where i have not been able to use either discount card is the store near spiderman.
i buy graphic novels in that store.

i have done the dining at lombards and have seen the cinema show.
but not as a package.

for me, it wouldn't be my thing.
there are quite a few locations around the lagoon that have great views.

Is it worth it to do the show package at Lombards?

We have eaten at Lombards many times and seen the show......but not done the package.

It's not necessary, there are plenty of good spots around the lagoon to see the show.

Then you can choose to eat wherever you like. Lombards is always a hit and a miss with us so I would choose to eat somewhere else.

We have a large group of Harry Potter fans leaving Disney World to catch the new ride and spend the day. They'll be back at Disney World that evening for dinner. I'll be picking up the lunch tab. We have some male teens in our group that can put away the food. Is $50. each person a fair price for most lunches at Universal? I'm clueless.

I'd think $15 for lunch and $5 or $6 for a snack or extra drink during the day should more than do it! $50 per person sounds like a 2 day lunch and dinner park food budget to me!

If you check out the food sticky, all the approximate prices are listed and should give you an idea.

We have a large group of Harry Potter fans leaving Disney World to catch the new ride and spend the day. They'll be back at Disney World that evening for dinner. I'll be picking up the lunch tab. We have some male teens in our group that can put away the food. Is $50. each person a fair price for most lunches at Universal? I'm clueless.

At $50 per person do you have extra room for me. :confused3

All kidding aside, were a family of three and we budget $50 for all three of us. So total per day is $150 and normally we never go over and plenty way under. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter