Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Perhaps you can go during an off time and just get dessert? Better than nothing, I suppose. We actually plan to have dessert there in August just to check the place out.

Hummmm.... that is strange because there are tables the day before and after.

Do they ever close for a private event?

We were there 6/24 to 7/1 and ate there twice. Once we had a ressie and waited about 5 minutes. The other day we did not. The wait time was 45 minutes. We were onsite guests so they told us about 25 minutes. We requested a booth and were seated 20 minutes later.

We love eating there. The food is great and very reasonable.

I wouldn't give up on eating there even is you do not have a reservation.

We have eaten there several times without a reservation. Twice, we have had 7 people in our party. We have always gotten to the restaurant about 10 minutes before it opens. As soon as the doors are opened, we go to the desk and give our name. We waited maybe 15 minutes at the most. We have never been on an actual holiday so I am not sure if your wait would be longer.

This happened to me when trying to make a reservation at a local restaurant at home. They were closed for a private party which might be the case for Mythos that day. I would try calling again or email them.

These are the restaurants we have ressies for next week. Travelers are my DH, me ( both 45), DD (20), DS (16)
Bob Marley
Mythos
NBA City
Margaritaville
Pat O'Briens
Hard Rock Cafe

We all picked a restaurant we wanted to try and we agreed on adding Mythos and Hard Rock. Any suggestions?

These are the restaurants we have ressies for next week. Travelers are my DH, me ( both 45), DD (20), DS (16)
Bob Marley
Mythos
NBA City
Margaritaville
Pat O'Briens
Hard Rock Cafe

We all picked a restaurant we wanted to try and we agreed on adding Mythos and Hard Rock. Any suggestions?

Are your choices for both lunch and dinner, or just dinner?

We were impressed with Latin Quarter when we were there a few years ago. You should try adding it to your list if possible. As for your list, I haven't eaten at either Bob Marley of Pat O'Briens so I can't comment on those two restaurants, but your other choices are fine.

Finnegan's at USF is also a good choice for lunch.

Hard Rock is the only lunch. Thanks for your input. I wonder if we are missing out by not eating at The Kitchen since we are staying at HRH. What about restaurants at the other on site resorts. I didn't really. Think about them but. Y hubby LOVES Italian food so I wondered about the restaurant at Portofino. Hmm?

Bob Marley
Mythos
NBA City
Margaritaville
Pat O'Briens
Hard Rock Cafe

Can't comment on Biob Marleys, Pat O'Briens or Hard Rock, but LOVED Mythos , NBA City and Marguerittaville . NBA City Garbage Cans in restrooms are really neat !!!

We really liked The Kitchen both times that we ate there. My son and his friend (both 16) chose to eat there and loved it. One evening while we were at The Kitchen for supper, there was a roaming magician who did slight of hand tricks at each table (for tips). It was super cool and I would not skip it, especially as you are staying at the HRH. The other restaurants on your list (except for Mythos which I would not miss) are chains that you could find anywhere, The Kitchen is unique to HRH. I would say do the things unique to UO that you cannot find elsewhere.

I have an ultra picky teen who would probably prefer chicken strips or kids pizza to many of the entrees I have seen listed at park restaurants. Does anyone know if they will let her order off of the kids menu? Both parents will be ordering adult meals and we do have a 9 year old that will be ordering off of the kids menu. thanks

I'm not sure, my daughter (she was 15) refused to eat there because she didn't like the menu. I know they let her at margaritaville.

Could you suggest some of the good places to eat. We want to try Bubba Gumps and Three Broomsticks. We've never eaten at these places and hope they're o.k. Any other suggestions for in the parks or the hotels themselves. Thanks

Is the kids' menu significantly cheaper? And is it just up to age 9, or 12? I have a 12 year old and she's able to eat the kids menu items at most places around here, but I figure at the parks, they consider kids to be up to age 9 since that's how the tickets work...

It actually depends on how much you want to spend, and if you want a quick meal or a leisurely dinner. We have been to US and IOA many times, and my favorites are:

Dinner.....
Emerils on City Walk (for a pricey dinner)
Emerils Tchop Chop in the Royal Pacific Hotel (again, a bit pricy)
Hard Rock Hotel (City Walk)
Mythos (IOA)

Lunch.......
Three Broomsticks (IOA)
Mels Diner (US)
Lombards Landing (US).....not everyone likes, but their blackened salmon is great

The food court in the Simpsons area opened after we left, so I don't have a point of view.
Hope this helps

My son.....on the odd occasion he wasn`t too hungry has ordered kids meals at sit down places..........he`s 19 ::yes::

We did offer to pay adult prices but we never have.

2 years ago we were in Tchoup Chop think he just asked for teriyaki chicken or something like that off the kids menu and it was fine for him to do that.

My son.....on the odd occasion he wasn`t too hungry has ordered kids meals at sit down places..........he`s 19 ::yes::

We did offer to pay adult prices but we never have.

2 years ago we were in Tchoup Chop think he just asked for teriyaki chicken or something like that off the kids menu and it was fine for him to do that.

Thanks...that is a relief!! I have also been doing my own research and called Mythos directly and they said anyone can order from the kids menu no problem. Then, I spoke to Citywalk reservations and the super nice lady, Tamara, that I spoke with said the policy varies according to the manager and offered to call the specific restaurants I wanted to know about and check with them and call me back. She called back 5 minutes later and said "no problem at any of the restaurants - no one is going to deny you food at Universal." :yay:Super impressed by that customer service.....think Universal must have some magic of its own...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter