• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat at Epocot

trucker den

Mouseketeer
We are planning our second trip to Disney next year and I am planning our meals. What are some of the best non-signature restaurants to eat at? Last time we ate at the Biergarten and Akershuas. We don't want to repeat ourselves. more importantly, what are some good quick service meals? It seems so overwhelming!

We like Via Napoli. My daughter was dying to try Teppan Edo which ended up being eh in my opinion.

We like Electric Umbrella for QS. Central and air conditioned in the front of the park.

We have enjoyed Tutto Italia, Teppan Edo, and Chefs de France on more than one occasion each. We are having a hard time deciding between one of them or trying something new this time.

Our favorite QS are the Patisserie in France and Tangierine Cafe.

Biergarten is always worth a second trip, imo! :flower:

Table service: Rose & Crown (UK), Coral Reef (Living Seas), or Garden Grill (The Land) if you're looking for a character experience.

Quick service: Tangierine Cafe (Morocco) is hands down our favorite with Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway) as a close second. France has great options for lunch and the desserts are of course the main draw. Sunshine Seasons (The Land) has a lot of variety. I haven't had the QS in Japan since it changed names but it was good before and I hear good things about it now.

ETA: Les Halles

For quick service, I really like Tangierine Cafe. Also Sunshine Food court, but it's rather noisy and chaotic. My preference is to head out to the Boardwalk and get a salad at ESPN. A few bucks more than quick service and much better. :-)

The QS at just about every country in WS is worth going to, it ranges from ok to pretty darn good. Sometimes, you can just walk in at Spice Road without an ADR, we've done it twice. We love to eat at the TS at Morocco and Chefs de France is o.k. The hibachi at Japan is just like any other hibachi you might go to, not bad but nothing spectacular. The food at the outside Mexico restaurant (sorry I get them confused if I try to name them) is a tad better than the inside and so is the service but you can't beat the atmosphere inside and it's worth a try at least once. The food at China is about the same as any local Chinese restaurant but you can almost always walk in there without an ADR so it is a go to place for us if we are hungry RIGHT NOW. We have never eaten at Germany, not our style of food just too heavy. We have only eaten at the wine bar in Italy but loved it. Rose and Crown in GB can be fun but you most definitely need an ADR and it can be noisy inside. Canada is a signature restaurant and so it the one upstairs in France. We never eat in Epcot outside of WS, there is just so many offerings there we see no reason to bother. I'm not a fan of Sunshine Seasons, it's always crowded and loud. We ate at the one in the Land pavilion (sorry can remember the name) years ago before it was a character meal and the food was just o.k.

For TS, we loved Rose and Crown and Garden Grill. We were really disappointed in Coral Reef and won't go back. CdF was nice and I enjoyed Marrakesh, but most of the family didn't care for the food. (Not a quality issue, just a little to exotic for their tastes.)

We really enjoyed dinner at Via Napoli and Teppan Edo and would definitely consider eating at both of them again. Via Napoli pizza is really good. And at Teppan Edo, who doesn't love hibachi?! Did not enjoy Coral Reef, but the atmosphere of eating in an aquarium is neat, but not worth it us to go back...once was enough.

Tangierine Cafe is an excellent QS option, and we very much recommend Les Chefs de France for Table Service. Friends recently ate at Coral Reef and had good things to say about it.

I adored the Rose & Crown for TS, San Angel Inn too.

For QS (since my family prefers the QS DDP) Katsura Grill, The fish and chip shop in the UK, definitely Electric Umbrella too.

We ate at La Hacienda, Biergarten, and Akershus this trip at Epcot. La Hacienda was a surprise best meal of the entire week! Enjoyed the others as well.

We love Tutto Gusto. Its not on the Dining Plan but its a walk in and they have a great small plate and wine menu.

Our favorite table service in Epcot are San Angel Inn and Via Napoli.

For quick service, we like Sunshine Seasons in the Land, Kringla Bakeri in Norway, and Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the UK.

Sadly, we aren't dining at San Angel Inn on our upcoming trip because my parents are with us and my father hates Mexican food. :sad:

We like the variety and value at the Sunshine Season in the Land. Also like the fish and chips at the Yorkshire.

Kringla Bakery doesn't get enough love. I adore it. I especially love the open-faced smoked salmon sandwich. Those things saved my life a few years back when I was having stomach issues - lean protein and complex carbs made me feel a whole lot better.

Kringla Bakery doesn't get enough love. I adore it. I especially love the open-faced smoked salmon sandwich. Those things saved my life a few years back when I was having stomach issues - lean protein and complex carbs made me feel a whole lot better.

I like this place, too, but do we know if it is ridiculously over-crowded now that the Frozen ride, and the Frozen princesses meet-and-greet are right there? It was a great place to eat before because not many people thought to have lunch there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter