Where to eat after a water park day?

Cruiser1969

Where, oh where, have my little tags gone??
After a day at a water park, do you shower up and get ready for a TS meal, or do you tend to do only CS on water park days?

What would be a good TS meal to go to right after a water park without having to trek back to the hotel and get ready?

What do you guys tend to do? Thanks for any advice.

We don't tend to spend the whole day at the water park. We get there at opening and leave around 2. We go back to the hotel, shower and change and then usually head to DTD or the Boardwalk and eat somewhere around there. So we do a TS meal most times.

depends partly on which water park you're at. When we went to Blizzard Beach, we showered afterwards in BB dressing rooms and dressed, and then caught the bus to AKL and ate at Boma. That worked fine for us - family with 2 adults and 1 kid aged 8. Guess you could do the same thing with restaurants at DTD if you're at Typhoon, though we've not done that combo, so we can't say how it works...

I think it may depend on how wiped out you are. The Florida sun is brutal and can really drain you in the summer months.

They do have showers and lockers in the water parks, so you don't necessarily have to go back to the hotel. Nevertheless, we did go back to the hotel and then went to the boardwalk to eat at Spoodles. It was really good. The menu is a bit limited though so do check it out before you go.

I would never go to a table service dinner straight from a waterpark. I just wouldn't feel clean or up for it. But I also wouldn't spend all day at a waterpark (i.e. until 6:00). We stayed until 3:00 or so, came back to our resort, swam for a bit, then showered and dressed.

We stayed at the WL, so we had an ADR in the MK. I guess it depends on where you're staying and how wiped you think you'll be.

We usually leave the waterparks around 2 or 3, go back to the resort, shower, rest up and make a later ADR that night. Last year we went to WCC after our waterpark day. THis year we have an ADR for Ohana that night.

i would use a water park day to go to a resort restaurant i've been dying to try... i would have no problem getting 'cleaned up' in the changing rooms and stowing our wet stuff in a bag and hauling it to dinner...

another option would be to leave the park around 3 or 4pm and go back to your resort, relax, change and use that night to go to Hoop Dee Doo Revue or another evening activity...

We always hit a water park when it opens and do all of the features before they get crowded and then chill out reading, floating or playing in the wave pool. We're usually ready to leave by 12:30 or so and since we have annual passes we don't feel like we need to stay any longer to "get our money's worth." We always just dry off, put tops on and head for Olivia's at Old Key West for lunch....hope this helps.
John V

LBAK said:
We don't tend to spend the whole day at the water park. We get there at opening and leave around 2. We go back to the hotel, shower and change and then usually head to DTD or the Boardwalk and eat somewhere around there. So we do a TS meal most times.

This is exactly what we do! We need to rest a bit when we return to our room because that FL really saps the energy!

We usually head up early too and then catch dinner later after we're all rested and showered. <--just like what it says on the mickey soaps in the resorts lol.. ;)

Your post reminded me of our first visit to a water park. We had a rental car for our trip. We spent a nice, long day at Typhoon Lagoon. As we were leaving the park, we asked a Cast Member what her favorite restaurant - Non Disney ((gasp)). She directed us to the Orlando Ale House. It's become a tradition now on each trip to stop for a meal at this place. Good food at a good price! It's like a Fridays/Sports Bar. Very kid friendly.

On a trip a few years ago my friend and I spent the morning and early afternoon at Typhoon Lagoon, then did a quick lunch at the POR food court (still in our bathing suits). then we napped and went to Pleasure Island later that night.

Melissa

We left around 3, got cleaned up and did the Hoop De Doo, the early show, I think! The kids were tired, but they crashed quickly that night.

After, our "water park" day last year, we went back to the hotel, showered, hung out for a while, got dressed and then went to Ohana for dinner. Seemed like an excellent transition for the day and kept with the casual theme we had established for the day. Went to MK for a few hours afterwords and then the wife and I got a babysitter and went to Pleasure Island that night. The kids were already wiped out so it was a good night to get some "alone" time. Needless to say, the parents were wiped out later that night, but we weren't driving!

LBAK said:

Us, too. It's an especially nice time to try resort restaurants.

We usually head back to the resort around 2 (we get there at park opening) and we clean up there and head to whatever park we are going to for dinner. We have showered before at the waterparks (they have showers and dressing rooms at the parks) and headed to a park as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter