Where to do 9yo son's b-day at Epcot

G-Z-G Mom

Earning My Ears
We wanted to do the Japaneese resturant that cooks in front of you for my son's birthday dinner while we were in Epcot. We found out that it will be closed for rehab while we are there. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? We want something fun and we are on the disney dining plan. I don't want to do the Coral Reef since it's 2 dining credits. We have a 9year old that eats anything, an 8 year old that is very picky and a 2 year old that only eats yogurt, grainola bars and french fries:sad2: . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I understand that coral is now 1 credit and you can get the divers to go down with a happy birthday sign:thumbsup2

We wanted to eat In Japan for 10 year old son's b-day . (We also have a yogurt and french-fry eating 2 year old.) Since it will be closed , I think we will go to Beaches and Cream for the huge kitchen sink ice cream sundae. Happy B-day to your son. We will be in WDW Jan 13-21 for our big surprise birthday trip.

We went to the Garden Grille for our DS's 7th B-day, and it was great! Of course, Mickey is there and that was the bomb! The CM.s brought out a cake (mid sized... but we couldn't finish it, and there were 7 of us), and the characters and CM.s sang happy birthday and gave him a certificate for his b-day that was signed by the characters. And the characters made a really big fuss over him! All this was free, we just mentioned that it was a b-day celebration and that's what they did!:woohoo:

Except for Cinderella's Royal Table, all restaurants in the theme parks are 1 DDP credit. All of the other 2 credit dinners are resort restaurants or dinner shows.

If your son is into the characters, I agre with scanmom and would recommend going with Garden Grill.

We will be at the Garden Grill next week for DD's 9th birthday. We were there for her 5th and 6th too. We really like it, as it is a little more low-key than some of the other character meals. I don't think they serve yogurt, granola or french fries however.

If you really want Coral Reef, it is only 1 credit now.

Happy birthday to your DS and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter