Where to celebrate turning 6!

nettii

DIS Veteran
We would like to celebrate our 5 yr old B-day at one of these resturants, Lilo & stich breakfast @ Poly, Rose and Crown, Whispering Canyon or Mama Melrose, which one would be our best bet for getting memorable celabration.(cake and a song)
Any info would be great Thnks Nettii:)

PS do I order cake ahead of time?

Hi! When we went in 2002 our girls were celebrating their 4th b-day.We made ressies at Whispering Canyon,they made a note of the b-day.I called whispering canyon directly and ordered 2 cakes.When we checked in we reminded them of the b-days.After we were done eating our server brought the girls up front in front of everyone,had them stand on chairs and then told everyone to "stop stuffing your faces and sing happy birthday to Sara and Ashlie.".so,everyone sang,the girls loved it,I loved it!They got a great big round of applause,you should have seen the smiles on their faces,they felt so special!After they got back to their seats the server brought out the cakes (chocolate with chocolate ganache-mmmmmm).
It is now but a memory that we will cherish forever.

Paula

Thank you Paula I was hoping Wispering Canyon would be a good choice!
Have a happy and safe New Year!!!!! Nettii:)

If your child likes attention then I'd go with Whispering Canyon. My dd celebrated her 5th at Crystal Palace and loved it!! The characters spent a little extra time with her and the staff decorated the table in streamers and confetti. She got a card signed by all the characters (Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger). We didn't do a cake as she has food allergies but she had Tofutti with sprinkles! It was great!

When you make your ADR be sure to tell them it's a birthday. Tell them again when you get to the restaurant, and tell your server.

If she likes the characters, I would say go with Lilo and Stitch. But, WCC gets my vote for fun! If she isn't easily embarrassed, they will do something fun and will draw attention to her for sure. When we were there in September, it was 5 of the people in our party's birthday. They made them stand up front and do the Hokie Pokie. There was also a little girl there and they made her ride the stick pony around the room while we sang to her.

:thumbsup2 I am assuming it is a girl and would consider Park Fare or Norway in Epcot and she could dress as a princess.

Other than that I would go to Ohanas.

You would need to order a cake, I believe 48 hours at least in advance, check out the cake picture thread.

I'd go with the Lilo & Stitch breakfast. It's a festive atmosphere.

I too was thinking WCC, we are going in August for my son's 12th birthday, I am sure he will love it, as will your daughter for her 6th.

have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter