• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to celebrate 60th birthday?

JessNewt

I've got nothing to do today but smile :)
Hello all!

In February of 2017 my family and I will be taking a trip to Disney World (yay.... woooo... ohhh yeaaa :woohoo:). Besides being the first trip for my children (ages 3 and 5) it will also be a trip to celebrate my Mother's 60th birthday. She ate at Ohana's years ago and LOVED it. However, I have seen a lot of negative reviews lately, and I'm worried about it being a big bust.

She's only had table service at Ohana's and Biergarten in the past. Her birthday dinner will most likely be the only table service dinner she has on our trip in February. I really want it to be special. She's the glue for our family and has sacrificed so much to help with her grandchildren.

Although I have been to Disney World (LONG time ago), I have never eaten at a table service restaurant.

Can I get some suggestions for my Mom's big birthday dinner? There will be 9 of us total, 2 of which will be toddlers. We aren't a fancy group, enjoy lots of loud laughing :banana:

You've got lots of ways to go here, depending on food likes/dislikes, locations etc...

Two that come to mind off the top of my head: Whispering Canyon if you want fun and loud and easy-going. Cali Grill if you want something more upscale and special.

Have a great trip and celebration!

We're celebrating my mom's 70th while we're here and we're going to the Boathouse. My kids are 4 and 7.

1900 Park Fair, chefs de France, Boma and then hang out at AK for a bit lots of fun stuff to do. Crystal Palace is fun too

We are celebrating my Dad's 70th at Cali Grill. They are not going to parks while we are there (just relaxing by the pool and visiting resorts) so it will be really special to have them watch the fireworks.

I'm going to recommend Hoop De Doo Revue. It's a dinner show that's laugh out loud funny! The food is good, the show is good and Ft. Wilderness is a lot of fun too! Right next door is the stable for all of the WDW horses and the children can even ride a pony. There's also a playground next door, plus you could even do the Chip and Dale singalong. At the show, they also ask anyone who is celebrating something to stand up and be acknowledged. It would definitely make for a special evening.

If that's not of interest, I think O'hana is a good choice. We really enjoy the food and entertainment and you can certainly laugh loudly in there!

Whispering Canyon could be fun, too!

You did not give a price point, but if you want a 60th that she will never forget, look into the wishes cruise on the disney yacht out of the grand floridian. Did that for my sister and my husband. You can have it catered with sandwiches, wine, beer etc. It was something they still talk about. For my sister, it was a surprise and all of her grandchildren came.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter