Where to buy tickets?

maburke

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this is kept in a thread somewhere, but I can't find it -- please point me to it if it is.

It's been a few years since we've been to DL -- we did APs at WDW the past year. But we're coming back in July, and I think I'd better buy tickets before prices go up again. I did ebates with Orbitz the last time, but Orbitz doesn't seem to sell DL tickets any more? My BIL lives in SoCal and belongs to AAA and Costco, but I wonder if aRes is a better deal than those.

Any help is gratefully accepted.

Here is the Orbitz link. I won't buy from there though because they are so picky about the dates.

(When Costco isn't available, I like using gift cards from my grocery store to buy tickets. I get cash back and also gas rewards.)

.... also Orbitz states that travel must be completed by 12/30/15 which is today, so I'm not sure if it will work later.

Thanks for that. I remember that Orbitz was picky about the dates, so maybe they didn't come up when I entered my dates because they're just not out yet.

The supermarket gas rewards are not valuable to me because I drive an electric car. :yay:

Honestly, I order straight from Disneyland and pay full price plus extra for shipping because I'd rather have the tickets printed and ready to use as soon as we get there. I had to wait in line at the ticket booth once to buy a single day ticket and it was a loooong line at the beginning of the day. If you Google discount Disneyland tickets, a few more sites may pop up offering 5-10.00 discounts, but for my peace of mind, I like to just pay full price and know they're on their way!

I just called Orbitz this morning, and the extra day deal appears to be over (at least for the time being). The cheapest I've been able to find are through the last minute travel club (not just the regular last minute travel site, but from the club. Look online for a coupon code for free membership).

You do have to give them your dates, though.

I've ordered vouchers through them before, and it's worked out well.

I wouldnt usually suggest this, but if you are experienced with dealing with people from craigslist, I'd suggest trying it as tickets can be had for a fraction of the price. I've met several cast members who also sell their sign in tickets and make sure to get you in before you pay.

Honestly, I order straight from Disneyland and pay full price plus extra for shipping because I'd rather have the tickets printed and ready to use as soon as we get there. I had to wait in line at the ticket booth once to buy a single day ticket and it was a loooong line at the beginning of the day. If you Google discount Disneyland tickets, a few more sites may pop up offering 5-10.00 discounts, but for my peace of mind, I like to just pay full price and know they're on their way!

I prefer this too (I've done it through AAA before and it was the same, tickets in hand and ready to go). I use my Target Red Debit Card to buy the $50 entertainment cards at 5% off--so $95 for every $100. You can use them to buy your tickets directly from Disney. As someone also mentioned, I like to do it at the Grocery Store for the Gas Rewards. At my Safeway they usually have a promotion that gives you 4x's the points so it's not huge savings, but for every $100 I spend on a card, I receive $.40 off a gallon at the pump. So generally that usually means I only save $4.00 per gift card in the form of gas savings but it's better than nothing. And that's a matter of my small gas tank car--the larger the car you have the more "savings" you receive.

im hoping Orbitz brings the extra day back right after the first of the year! I always forget im a member of lmt!

We are veterans going to WDW but newbies to DL. What is the best deal on tickets using AAA or Costco or any other way? Is it only a few dollars?

We are veterans going to WDW but newbies to DL. What is the best deal on tickets using AAA or Costco or any other way? Is it only a few dollars?
usually yes, Orbitz sells them and way.com but way.com hasnt started selling 2016 tickets yet so idk if they still will be, getawaytoday.com also sells them, i am pretty sure AAA and Costco you have to have memberships for so that leaves me out

Check if your employer offers a discount as well. Ours does discounts through Ticketsatwork.com, and they have the best DL ticket discount I've seen anywhere. We're buying 2-day, non-PH tickets for two adults and one child, and saving a total of $45 off the gate prices ($497 vs $542). The next best I found was Way.com, but it was only a $23 total savings ($519). Then Park Savers for $521, and Ares Travel for $537. (All prices include any fees.)

Granted, savings may be different if you're buying park hoppers or more days. But hopefully it gives you an idea of where to look.

Check if your employer offers a discount as well. Ours does discounts through Ticketsatwork.com, and they have the best DL ticket discount I've seen anywhere. We're buying 2-day, non-PH tickets for two adults and one child, and saving a total of $45 off the gate prices ($497 vs $542). The next best I found was Way.com, but it was only a $23 total savings ($519). Then Park Savers for $521, and Ares Travel for $537. (All prices include any fees.)

Granted, savings may be different if you're buying park hoppers or more days. But hopefully it gives you an idea of where to look.

Interesting that these are hard stock tickets that they mail to you. I thought in the past the only sold etickets.
So if I order with them, they mail you tickets or are they vouchers that you have to stand in line to get your tickets?

So if I order with them, they mail you tickets or are they vouchers that you have to stand in line to get your tickets?
If you read the fine print, it says they are plastic hard stock tickets that will be mailed to you in 5-7 days. In the past, they only sold etickets, which you exchanged for actual tickets at the gate. To me, the hardstock tickets are nice to have because they're more durable. Disney charges an extra $5/ticket to mail hardstock tickets to you, making way.com an even better deal.

In looking for a two day non hooper child ticket discount, and tickets at work, after all the fees and taxes, is more than buying from Disneyland's website. 172.50 vs. 172 once you go to check out. So far way.com seems the cheapest at $165 all-in. It's worth it to shop around.

I agree, ticketsatwork.com looks good until you get to the second page where it adds the taxes and fees. It's not a good deal. Unless something pops up on orbitz or Ares in the next 2 weeks I'm going to get my parkhoppers from AAA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter