• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to buy Misting Fans?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
Where do you normally buy the misting fans that you take to the parks? I stopped at target, and apparently they're seasonal, so they were out of them. Has anyone bought them online? Do they sell them at Disney? I just want to make sure we get good ones for our DDs for our trip. Thanks!

I got mine last summer at Walmart for 4.99. Much cheaper than the parks and worked just as well.

Usually you can buy them at Target, Walmart, etc. But, in some areas they are seasonal. At those places they are probably $5 or so, but don't last very long. You can buy them in Disney - they are approx $20 but refills of ice and water are free. Ours lasted 3 trips. So for us - it's all even. We are buying new ones this year in Disney.

I got mine at Wal-Mart.

We also have Kroger supermarkets here that sell them.

We got the O2Cool brand at Walmart, they were under $5 and have lasted us 3 trips so far. Our Walmart still had some last week in the fan section on an endcap. I have also seen some at the dollar tree store, not the same brand but for a dollar they would do the job.
The ones in the parks are nice, but they are huge and would be heavy to carry around filled up- plus the high price!

Bev

I have seen them at Wal-Mart in the plumbing/bathroom fixture area (why here, I don't know). They were on an endcap.

Where do you normally buy the misting fans that you take to the parks? I stopped at target, and apparently they're seasonal, so they were out of them. Has anyone bought them online? Do they sell them at Disney? I just want to make sure we get good ones for our DDs for our trip. Thanks!

warmart has the bigger ones for cheap..
also try mist mates they are great too

It's not a fan - just a mister. It's made by 02 cool and I found it at CVS for 4.99.
I also found these fabulous mister/water bottles at CVS. They were also 4.99 and they are a blue water bottle with a built in mister. The mist from this bottle is very fine so it won't mess up makeup. I absolutely love it! I bought one for each of my kids, too, for gymnastics. They have their precious water and can get a cooling spritz of water on their faces when they want it.

Our last trip to DL, we bought one of the Disney spray fans. We had to take it back three times before one finally worked right! It was a pain, BUT once we got one that worked, it was great for my son! He was a trooper, and carried it the whole week - wouldn't leave the hotel without it! Pretty funny!
Well, we are going to WDW in a month, and DS just realized that the seal is broken, so we will need a new one before we go or once we get there. I know that they carry misters on Amazon.com but not sure which ones, and how good they are...

Another vote for Misty Mates. You can find them at Walgreens and Walmart for about $8. We used one last week while we were at DHS and loved it!!!! It isn't a fan, just a mister.

Our local Target had them today. The employee said they did not have any, but I found some on an end display near the larger room fans.

T

Our Walmarts and Target stores still have them but you really have to hunt for them. At both stores they were on end-cap hanging pegs in the hardware section.

The ones at Walmart are $4.99 and the Target ones were $7.99...the Target one has a more powerful fan.

Rite Aid still has them too.

We have bought several types from Wal-Mart in the past. This year our Wal-Mart has only had the large sized ones. We really like the o2 cool type that are about 3 inches long and are attached to a carabiner. They are both fan and mister and work great. We found them at KMart between the pool section and sporting goods on an endcap. I belive they were $3.99, but cannot swear to that.

I've been having a really hard time finding these things. I've been to two walmarts with no luck, and the ones I see online (not much) have bad reviews. I really want one before I go. Pease help.

Thanks

Another vote for Misty Mates. You can find them at Walgreens and Walmart for about $8. We used one last week while we were at DHS and loved it!!!! It isn't a fan, just a mister.

Do you know in what sections/areas of both of these stores you have seen them? I would really like to try the Misty Mates but don't want to order online at this time if I "just happen" to find them in the stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter