Where to buy lots of binders?

disneyfordreamers

Earning My Ears
I need lots of binders. Maybe around 100, not sure exactly. I'd like all the same colors or maybe a few different basic solid colors.
They need to be small binders, maybe 1" or maybe 2".
Any place I could buy them in bulk? Perhaps cheaper than normal :goodvibes
I just know what the stores price them at but I don't know if there's a way to buy them in bulk like wholesale or whatever.
I need a lot because of all the different topics for library storytime, like I'm doing a binder for all our songs, crafts etc on "boats", another binder for "apples" , another for "manners" etc- just all our different topics for storytime. I'm the childrens librarian assistant so I'm trying to get everything organized.
I want to find them in bulk or wholesale or something cheaper so that when i turn in my receipts it won't cost the library as much.

Check prices with Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, and any other office supply stores. That is, if the library system does not already have a system-wide arrangement with a vendor for such bulk-buy purchases which permits purchase at lower rates. Are you the person who normally makes such purchases? If not, be sure to check with anyone in a position to have access to other resources to get the best buys.

I'm a librarian and have two thoughts:
1)Definitely check and make sure that these shouldn't be bought through your library's vendors. At least at our library, cash receipts can only be turned in for "petty" amounts (usually quite small).
2)Do you have a scanner? I've changed to scanning (or saving if it's right from the internet) EVERYTHING (ok, 90%) of my projects just to save on time and space.

If you do end up buying locally, WalMart will start having back to school sales midsummer with probably the cheapest prices in a BM store.

Good luck!

Terri

Yeah, normally when I need supplies I just email our office manager and she puts in an order to our supplier but they do not have the type of binder I need so she told me that if I find the one the childrens librarian wants anywhere else, save the receipts so I can be comped. I did that before one time when the childrens librarian needed some party supplies for summer reading kick off and I just ran out to the store and bought some and gave the office manager my receipt and then in a few days they sent me a check for the amount plus the allowance on gas/travel they give you if you had to drive somewhere.

Before buying check with local businesses. With so many things becoming digital the need to keep things in binders has become less and less. I know both my current company and previous company would periodically clean out the supply closets and offer up items to employees for free. Any leftovers were usually donated.

Our childrens librarian likes having paper copies of everything. She has files on her computer of some resources but she prefers most everything being on paper. Drives me crazy because I like to keep everything on a flashdrive so it's small and portable but that's not what she wants to do.

staples was running some sort of "1¢ after rebate" deal this week - check their circular.

My office has ordered a large number of binders (300 +) from Office Discount Club. We have used them several times and been very happy. We always get our order the next day too. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter